Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***NEW***Texas Speed F-Body cat-back

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
Just got my 3" catback in today. Only pulled out one tip until this weekend but these things are HUGE. I laugh at their size every time I see it. If it sounds half as good as the tips look it will be the best catback.
Your right! These tips are sick! This looks like a really nice well made system, I just don't know why there aren't more hangers on it.
I am going from Mac mids and a flowmaster cat back to Speed Engineering LT with an ORY and this. I will post a sound clip of both when I get it done.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by dave04da
Your right! These tips are sick! This looks like a really nice well made system, I just don't know why there aren't more hangers on it.
I am going from Mac mids and a flowmaster cat back to Speed Engineering LT with an ORY and this. I will post a sound clip of both when I get it done.

Be careful running without hangers added for very long. I tightened the clamps on mine to the point where I thought I would break the bolts in the clamps and the whole muffler setup slipped off the over the axle pipe within 100 miles. Flattened the tips on the drivers side.

This is probably my new favorite for sound but I don't understand why they couldn't weld on 2 more hangers.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

Thanks, yea I plan on cutting of the hangers on the tail pipes of my current system and welding them to this one. I also may tack the pipes coming from the muffler.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To those that have installed this kit, did you use factory hangers that were bolted on your car already? I was installing this kit last night but didn't have anything to connect to the hangers that are on the exhaust on each side of the muffler. The last exhaust I bought came with hangers to bolt to the car so I let those go when I sold it. Also, I have 4 bolts with lock washers left over. Any idea where these would go?
Old 04-07-2017, 02:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TrentB
To those that have installed this kit, did you use factory hangers that were bolted on your car already? I was installing this kit last night but didn't have anything to connect to the hangers that are on the exhaust on each side of the muffler. The last exhaust I bought came with hangers to bolt to the car so I let those go when I sold it. Also, I have 4 bolts with lock washers left over. Any idea where these would go?
I'm guessing the bolts are for the cutout plate.

Not sure what you mean by the hangers? The exhaust has them welded in already, and they just slide into the factory rubber isolator.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:33 PM
Staging Lane

Ahh yes I must be missing those rubber isolators. The last kit I had came with those designed for that kit. And no I have the 3 bolts and wing nuts on the cut out. I still have 4 left over with lock washers.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:53 PM
TECH Resident

Ahh yes I must be missing those rubber isolators. The last kit I had came with those designed for that kit. And no I have the 3 bolts and wing nuts on the cut out. I still have 4 left over with lock washers.
I think they send two sets of bolts for the block off plate. I can't remember if mine had an extra bolt, but iIknow it came with a short Set of bolts , a long set of bolts, lock nuts and wing nuts.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

I finished mine up last week. For the hanger on the passenger side of the muffler I used a 3" u shaped exhaust clamp that I cut in half and stuck through the factory mount on the car and put a nut with lock washers on either side of the hanger on the muffler. I then bent the remaining part of the clamp up to touch the mount on the car and welded it to that. I am not home now but will post a pic. of what I mean tomorrow. I also used the hanger off my Flowmaster system and welded it to the passenger side pipe. The whole system is very solid and does not move at all.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:33 PM
Staging Lane

I think I follow. Was wondering if I was missing the hanger to bolt to the car or if it's not included. I'll make it work though. I'm about 2 min from a junk yard so I might see if I can find a car with factory hangers I can take.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

I think I follow. Was wondering if I was missing the hanger to bolt to the car or if it's not included. I'll make it work though. I'm about 2 min from a junk yard so I might see if I can find a car with factory hangers I can take.
Yea its not included. I was also wondering what was there from the factory.
Let us know how it compares in sound from the SE true dual kit.
I have to say I love the tone of this kit, I have ZERO rasp, no matter where the rpms are at. For me it's perfect!
Old 04-07-2017, 09:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dave04da
Yea its not included. I was also wondering what was there from the factory.
Let us know how it compares in sound from the SE true dual kit.
I have to say I love the tone of this kit, I have ZERO rasp, no matter where the rpms are at. For me it's perfect!

Besides the SE kit clearance being horrible it was loud AF! It was cool for the first two days but it got old fast. There was also a horrible drone at cruising speeds.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

That's what I was afraid of, I was so close to ordering it, plus it would have been cheaper because I had to get their LT and a y as well . I figure if I want it loud I will just open the cut out.
Old 04-08-2017, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

Here is a pic of what I did. It ain't pretty but it works.
Old 04-09-2017, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Does anyone have issues with the over the axle pipe rubbing on the upper panhard bar? Mine is actually sitting on it and it rattles all the time.

I'm mostly happy with this catback but the more problems I have with it and the more money I spend on it, the less I like it. I love the sound and the way the tips looked before the entire thing fell off due to poor design but everything else I don't like and feel its a waste of money in its current state.
Old 04-15-2017, 11:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

For those having issues with the tips sagging...I decided to buy some stuff from Autozone, and so far, it is worked a lot better than what came with the exhaust. I bought the 2 bolt clamps ($10.99/ea) from there and I cannot move the tips down when I pull on them. I installed them on the exits from the muffler. I also bought some exhaust hanger stuff but have decided not to put them on after seeing how well the clamps worked. I may even buy more clamps for the rest of the system, though not a priority.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:23 AM
TECH Resident

LS1Tech 10 Year

I have installed this kit this past weekend with the 1 7/8 long tubes and ORY. I just gotta finish buttoning everything up. Im curious to what the hell im going to do with the passenger side hanger though.

Lonnie @ TSP like usual was a huge help. I always speak with him when I order stuff.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:50 PM
On The Tree

Docrocket1967 ,

Can you upload some videos of what the system sounds like of you get a chance please

This is the exact same setup I am considering for my WS6 , and would love to hear what it sounds like ...... just Idling with the Cut-Out closed, Idling with it Opened, and at WOT with it opened

Thank you so much
Old 06-12-2017, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dsvtr
Docrocket1967 ,

Can you upload some videos of what the system sounds like of you get a chance please

This is the exact same setup I am considering for my WS6 , and would love to hear what it sounds like ...... just Idling with the Cut-Out closed, Idling with it Opened, and at WOT with it opened

Thank you so much
Here is a clip with just idle and cutout closed.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:16 AM
TECH Resident

LS1Tech 10 Year

I got the system on last night and the car sounds incredible. Still needs some tweaking though. The passenger side hanger issue has really been the only headache. After driving the car around last night I noticed it all shifted because of the hanger.

Love the exhaust though. I will upload videos hopefully this weekend. They will be filmed by cell phone though.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:40 PM
On The Tree

dave04da ,
Car sounds amazing...... it is Camed correct ?

If so, which Cam do you have Installed ?

Thanks so much

Docrocket1967 ,
Is everything on your car stock ( aside from the Headers and ORY ) ?

Looking forward to the videos and hearing your setup with the YSP System on it

Quick Reply: ***NEW***Texas Speed F-Body cat-back