Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter install issues, help needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Good luck guys

Hey when are you guys going back to work on the car. I wouldn't mind coming by and shooting the **** while you guys finish up the install. Oh by the way thx for the recomendation on where to get that inspection done.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be back out there tomorrow around 11am till probably about 7pm when they close. As for whoever it was saying I should have got the race headers, yeah your probably right. Shoulda, woulda, coulda, ya know. I can't change it now so I was looking to see what everyone had done. I know people have run into issues with the install, I was looking for some help that's all.
Old 06-26-2004, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
Did some searching, and I guess the EGR setup for '00's is different than '98-'99's. All this time and I never knew that lol. And the headers are made for '00-'02's like you say. Guess the blame for the dumb location is on GM. Any tricks to changing the plug that the EGR hookup is in front of? I don't think just loosening the header will give enough room. And do yall have the problem of the O2 sensor hitting the shift linkage?
I'll have to pay someone to deal with the bullshit of changing plugs in my car. The air **** is in the way and I have a hard fitting my big arms under the headers lol. Looks like a my little brothers friend is going to help me out again in 30,000 he made it look a little easier, but still a pain.
Mike