Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alternator Problems need 'HELP"!!! PLEASE.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternator Problems need 'HELP"!!! PLEASE.

I have 2000 ws6 with a 4 pin ALT wireing setup. The plus got hot and burned threw the wires. I cant Figure out what wires go where in the plug. I can't find anything on any website or google. Called around and still no answer. On this plug is A,B,C,D the wires are color coded. RED,BLACK,PURPLE,ORANGE,YELLOW. I am stuck an the car wont charge if not in the right place.
Attached Thumbnails Alternator Problems need 'HELP"!!! PLEASE.-wire-alt-1.jpg   Alternator Problems need 'HELP"!!! PLEASE.-wire-alt-2.jpg  
Old 05-26-2016, 07:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As per my ALLDATA, there is just a red wire to pin B. The other pins aren't used.

Russ Kemp
Old 05-26-2016, 07:37 PM
Teching In

I have 4 others and they where plugged up red is in B but i got a ground an somemore in an its still not charging. brand new everything battery,Altenator an all tests 100%
Old 05-26-2016, 09:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There's a wiring sticky somewhere on the board, but it's tough to find. Or you could just Google "2006 ws6 alternator wiring diagram"...
Old 05-27-2016, 11:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

as Russ stated, many times you'll get better results using another search engine, as Google, Yahoo, etc.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rotanner
I have 4 others and they where plugged up red is in B but i got a ground an somemore in an its still not charging. brand new everything battery,Altenator an all tests 100%
The red or "exciter" wire is the only wire that needs to be connected to the alt. I bought a replacement connector from eBay that only had the red wire on it. Connected that to the factory wire from the computer and plugged into alt. and it charges fine. Any other wires in the connector should not be hooked up to anything. Mine is a 98 Z with a truck 145A alt.

Quick Reply: Alternator Problems need 'HELP"!!! PLEASE.