Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FM 3"-4" Merge Fit Stock Tunnel Brace?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 12:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FM 3"-4" Merge Fit Stock Tunnel Brace?

I am looking to replace the standard merge on my Kools ORY with a FM Dual 3" in and single 4" out merge to improve sound quality and maybe get a little power gain.

My question is will the stock tunnel brace clear the larger 4" outlet merge? My current Kooks merge clears fine with no banging of any sort. If it won't clear what tunnel brace do you guys suggest?
Old 05-27-2016, 03:27 PM
TECH Resident

stock tunnel brace isn't worth a **** as far as chassis stiffening goes..You can take it off if you want and wont notice. BMR, UMI, MWC, Spohn all make a brace that will clear bigger merge's, duals etc.. I have a MWC tunnel brace and body mount tq arm, they have several different options, just tell them what you need.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I have that exact merge and it clears on mine
Old 05-28-2016, 01:27 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the input guys. I'm gonna give it a try with the stock brace. If it doesn't clear I'll get a Spohn tubular style.

While we're discussing..... Will a 4" QTP manual cutout clear everything okay In the standard (under the seat) location? I'd like to do 4" piping back to a 4" cutout and then 3" out of the cutout into my SLP Dual Dual.