Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Loudmouth Failed TX Inspection

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 10:16 AM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

Default SLP Loudmouth Failed TX Inspection

Well technically, it didn't fail but the inspector said he would not inspect it because the resonator is not technically a muffler. He couldn't describe the difference when I asked what I needed to replace it with that would classify as a muffler...

I'm gonna try somehwhere else, but I'm curious if anyone else had had this issue. Thinking maybe a Borlamouth would avoid this issue next time or just a whole different cat back.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:21 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KCS
Well technically, it didn't fail but the inspector said he would not inspect it because the resonator is not technically a muffler. He couldn't describe the difference when I asked what I needed to replace it with that would classify as a muffler...

I'm gonna try somehwhere else, but I'm curious if anyone else had had this issue. Thinking maybe a Borlamouth would avoid this issue next time or just a whole different cat back.
WOW, I have never heard of this!
Old 05-31-2016, 10:27 AM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by KCS

Lol you need to go off of i10 and uvalde
Old 05-31-2016, 11:31 AM
KCS

Originally Posted by soloman369
Lol you need to go off of i10 and uvalde
Haha, yeah next time I guess.

Another inspector there inspected it and passed me. I thought something changed since he last time it was inspected, but apparently it's the inspectors interpretation I guess? I've had the exhaust on there since 2006 and this is the first anyone ever said anything.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KCS
Haha, yeah next time I guess.

Another inspector there inspected it and passed me. I thought something hanged since he last time it was inspected, but apparently it's the inspectors interpretation I guess? I've had the exhaust on there since 2006 and this is the first anyone ever said anything.
That is why he did not officially fail you. Most shops wont turn down that $ unless they are afraid of a fine
Old 05-31-2016, 12:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL, sounds like a real candyass inspector...funny another guy at the same shop passed you. I had a LMII and ARH LTs w/catted y-pipe on my previous F-Boat. The last inspection I got before selling it was at a firestone off of 290 @ mangum/dacoma, you would have thought that I had brought in a cup car...******* guy went over and under the car, sniffing the ******* exhaust...was waiting for him to break out a micrometer and start measuring ****. Fortunately I passed, but man watching him crawl all over the car had me wondering if I would.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:14 PM
KCS

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
LOL, sounds like a real candyass inspector...funny another guy at the same shop passed you. I had a LMII and ARH LTs w/catted y-pipe on my previous F-Boat. The last inspection I got before selling it was at a firestone off of 290 @ mangum/dacoma, you would have thought that I had brought in a cup car...******* guy went over and under the car, sniffing the ******* exhaust...was waiting for him to break out a micrometer and start measuring ****. Fortunately I passed, but man watching him crawl all over the car had me wondering if I would.
Yeah these guys were off Rayford @ I45. They seemed like good enough guys but didn't seem to be too familiar with modified cars either, or manual transmissions for that matter. I could smell the clutch after they inched the car up the ramps to do the inspection.

There's a place back in Spring off 1960 and I45 that I went to as a teen. I swear they would pass anything. I'm pretty sure they were selling drugs out of that place too. Always had really nice SUV's and Cadillacs on big chrome rims parked there.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW I have had good luck at Louetta Automotives these past few years. They only seem to plug the car in for the OBDII diag, usual safety stuff and done. I have brought in my 99 camming its *** off, no problem...LOL
Old 06-01-2016, 11:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I thought Texas was free? Lol
Old 06-02-2016, 10:40 AM
KCS

Originally Posted by blk00ss
I thought Texas was free? Lol
It will be when the secede! haha
Old 06-02-2016, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

#freestateoftexas haha
Old 06-04-2016, 01:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by KCS

Pulled up in the Camaro and he was like nope, cant do it buddy. Probably cause he heard me from inside the building.

Quick Reply: SLP Loudmouth Failed TX Inspection