Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.9 Whipple with Truck FEAD

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2.9 Whipple with Truck FEAD

Hello all,

I have read a couple articles where people have done this. They didnt offer much information. I have to run the truck FEAD. I can move the alternator to the side. But I am installing the motor in a 68 Chevelle. The power steering pump has to be lower, and I have to run a 5" pulley to clear the gearbox. The F-body setup will not clear the frame. I want to run the Camaro 2.9 Whipple setup. Whipple said I need to move the alternator and bracket over to clear the bypass valve. I want to run a DBC throttle body. Because my harness is from a 2000 6.0l. Can anyone show me pictures of what they have to do? I have seen one picture of a custom bracket. Does this bracket change the power steering location? I have not purchased the setup yet. Thanks for the help or pictures in advance.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You can run a 2010 camaro wp with the corvette bracket spaced out w/ holley spacers . Check out my build "whipple build"

Quick Reply: 2.9 Whipple with Truck FEAD