Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Were to put a cut out on a corsa stainless steel exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Were to put a cut out on a corsa stainless steel exhaust?

Were can i put a cut out on my car? My father says since my exhaust system is stainless steel he doesnt want to weld on it. So were is a good place to weld one on? I have hooker headers and off road pipe in cause u need to know.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol, i dont blame him, its hard to cut into a 700 dollar cat back. I did mine right before the axel in the I pipe. Loud, but you WILL have mucho rasp from 2100 to like 2500 RPMS.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scoobie
lol, i dont blame him, its hard to cut into a 700 dollar cat back. I did mine right before the axel in the I pipe. Loud, but you WILL have mucho rasp from 2100 to like 2500 RPMS.
my car sounds insane once you get on it, but idle its pretty calm. I want a sick sounding idle without putting in a big cam...yet Would a cutout help that? And do you have any pics of were u are talking about so i know exactly were u mean?
Old 06-23-2004, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

no pics, but do a search, you will find it. its on the I pipe before it goes over the axel
Old 06-23-2004, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scoobie
no pics, but do a search, you will find it. its on the I pipe before it goes over the axel
yea just did a search on pics, seems like a good place to put one Anyone have a cutout for sale?
Old 06-23-2004, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

A cut-out will give you a louder "small cam-like" idle. I put mine in the I-pipe just before the rear axle, passenger side.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:40 PM
Launching!

Here is a pic of JIMMYBLUE's LS1 SS with a stainless steel street pro electric cut-out. Its a very good example of a cut-out located right before the muffler/right by the rear-end.

another pic***
https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...achmentid=7808 his cut-out was inserted without having to worry about clearence issues since the cut-out doesnt bend or elbow downward. I like that set-up but id probably prefer it to be closer to the motor.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by freakynipples69
yea just did a search on pics, seems like a good place to put one Anyone have a cutout for sale?
We are doing a sale that will end this weekend on our 3" electric cutout. Take a look at the web site and let me know soon. There are also some good pics on the Customer Photos page of the installation you are talking about.
Richard
Old 06-24-2004, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Big Jimbo
Here is a pic of JIMMYBLUE's LS1 SS with a stainless steel street pro electric cut-out. Its a very good example of a cut-out located right before the muffler/right by the rear-end.

another pic***
https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...achmentid=7808 his cut-out was inserted without having to worry about clearence issues since the cut-out doesnt bend or elbow downward. I like that set-up but id probably prefer it to be closer to the motor.
Big Jimbo,
Thanks for the name mention here but that's not a Street Pro cutout.
Richard
Old 06-24-2004, 05:03 PM
Teching In

I have pacesetter lt's and Ypipe(no cats), TSP 232/228 cam, and a corsa catback. When Jason @ TSP dyno tuned after the cam install I made 2 LESS Hp and the same torque when I took off the muffler. That was through the Y and I pipe, not straight through the headers. Just thought I'd pass that on before you go cuttin'!

Quick Reply: Were to put a cut out on a corsa stainless steel exhaust?