Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 09:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
That's what i have. You won't be able to run the bottom holes on your tq arm mount. That's why i modded my tq arm. It's fine going over the rear area.
I have the short torque arm on mines
Hopefully it's works
Old 03-09-2018, 09:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 417 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by Gooze_1
I have the short torque arm on mines
Hopefully it's works
​​​​​​I thought the tunnel xmember had to be removed
Old 03-09-2018, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bspeck82
​​​​​​I thought the tunnel xmember had to be removed
They have a true dual xmember for it
Old 03-09-2018, 09:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Post up when you find out!
Old 03-10-2018, 07:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I too am interested on how your short arm with MWC 9in fits. Gooze_1, you have the true dual crossmember that they made for the Texas speed setup?
Old 03-10-2018, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SCott5
I too am interested on how your short arm with MWC 9in fits. Gooze_1, you have the true dual crossmember that they made for the Texas speed setup?
Yea that's what I got, talked to Kevin and if there's any fitment Issues well swap it for the double drop. Both work though
Old 03-12-2018, 11:14 AM
Launching!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Finished up exhaust install for the most part. didnt have anyone to help so tips arent perfect but i tried to get them close. Just need to align them and were good.

The following users liked this post:
Seagull7916 (09-29-2023)
Old 03-15-2018, 02:27 PM
Launching!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Spohn Chassis mount + DS loop doesnt even come close to fitting with them.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by micbegz28
Spohn Chassis mount + DS loop doesnt even come close to fitting with them.
Ideally, the manufacturer would compile a list of what aftermarket DS loops and Chassis mounts work with their exhaust products, but seeing as how SE is making their own DS loops/cross member and torque arms, I can see why they wouldn't want to do this. The exhaust manufacturers and suspension manufactures need to work together and communicate.

Places like Texas Speed, Pace Setter, Kooks, ARH, etc should have a list of what DS loops/cross members and torque arms their exhaust products are compatible with. I don't know if they all do? Collect data from members, talk to BMR, UMI, MWC, Spohn etc. This way, people like me aren't in a situation where we buy a SE Y pipe and find out that it doesn't work with the MWC 3.5 catback cross member/short torque arm combo. Of course no one was running this, so only option was to buy the parts and check it. Hopefully the TSP Y pipe works with the MWC 3.5 catback cross member/short torque arm combo, if not that Y pipe is getting cut and welded until it does work.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 5.7stroker
Ideally, the manufacturer would compile a list of what aftermarket DS loops and Chassis mounts work with their exhaust products, but seeing as how SE is making their own DS loops/cross member and torque arms, I can see why they wouldn't want to do this. The exhaust manufacturers and suspension manufactures need to work together and communicate.

Places like Texas Speed, Pace Setter, Kooks, ARH, etc should have a list of what DS loops/cross members and torque arms their exhaust products are compatible with. I don't know if they all do? Collect data from members, talk to BMR, UMI, MWC, Spohn etc. This way, people like me aren't in a situation where we buy a SE Y pipe and find out that it doesn't work with the MWC 3.5 catback cross member/short torque arm combo. Of course no one was running this, so only option was to buy the parts and check it. Hopefully the TSP Y pipe works with the MWC 3.5 catback cross member/short torque arm combo, if not that Y pipe is getting cut and welded until it does work.
Your gonna have to cut and weld mines didn't fit lol referring to tsp y and mwc catback x member
Old 03-15-2018, 05:54 PM
TECH Addict

Your gonna have to cut and weld mines didn't fit lol referring to tsp y and mwc catback x member
Which tsp Y did you have? Newer style or older style? When did you purchase the Y?
Old 03-15-2018, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

Newer style I'm assuming I got it in October of last year
Old 03-15-2018, 06:55 PM
TECH Addict

Newer style I'm assuming I got it in October of last year
Was it off by a large amount? Let me guess, Y merge sat right on top of the cross member. Did you have to relocate the Y merge closer to the front of the car with weld/cut? I see above you said you had the MWC true dual cross member, but you also had the MWC 3.5 catback as well? I got the double drop and the SE engineering Y works with that but I don't like how you lose some clearance with it. SE Y has to go either way because the driver side clearance on the Y is not good enough for me on my lowered setup.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

It was, I had to get a new y made. I don't remember off the top of my head to be honest. I'll try and take a pic of the one I have on there now or when I put the duals on
Old 03-15-2018, 07:02 PM
TECH Addict

It was, I had to get a new y made. I don't remember off the top of my head to be honest. I'll try and take a pic of the one I have on there now or when I put the duals on
If MWC sent you a confirmation receipt it should list in email which cross member they sent you. I'm very curious. If you got a torque arm/cross member with their 9" rear kit, then that torque arm is different than the stand alone ones they sell.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

If MWC sent you a confirmation receipt it should list in email which cross member they sent you. I'm very curious. If you got a torque arm/cross member with their 9" rear kit, then that torque arm is different than the stand alone ones they sell.
I'm sorry I'm on the app it only showed half the message. But yes I started off with the 3.5 catback x member and I do believe the merge was the problem. And that's correct i did get the 9" rear kit with it. And I'm switching to the true duals x member now
Old 03-15-2018, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Your stupidity is astounding. You think these guys are Coca-Cola or General Motors? These giys use a couple of cars to design and fit their systems? You want one that fits everything for $500????

You're an *******. And stupid. And naive. And ignorant.

Go figure it all out yourself dick head.

I never cease to be amazed.

Sean - test ever single after market part by every single after market company and report every single result. In every single POSSIBLE combination. But please dont raise your prices.

God I hate these people.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 417 Likes on 302 Posts

I had questions so i just called BMR and asked. Since this kit works with stock torque arms and torque arm location, I just bought a tranny crossmember that is like stock and an adj torque arm that fits better than stock (after cutting) on my 9" QP bracket. Sometimes you just got to keep it simple and not stray too far from stock so things fit well. If your going fast enough to justify a tunnel mounted torque arm then you will need custom fit parts and pay custom prices or learn to fabricate. Welcome to the world of aftermarket. These cars are a pain to work on.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
Your stupidity is astounding. You think these guys are Coca-Cola or General Motors? These giys use a couple of cars to design and fit their systems? You want one that fits everything for $500????

You're an *******. And stupid. And naive. And ignorant.

Go figure it all out yourself dick head.

I never cease to be amazed.

Sean - test ever single after market part by every single after market company and report every single result. In every single POSSIBLE combination. But please dont raise your prices.

God I hate these people.
LOL you misread (or maybe I wasn't clear), hence why you are acting like all your childish insults. No one is asking for one fits all solution. No one is asking Sean to test fit every system. Obviously you have to do your own research to see if modification is needed but sometimes the information isn't available and you have to take it upon yourself to be the first to report it to the community, like I did. Sometimes it is available, but not relayed to the potential consumer. Customers may only relay the fitment issue to the exhaust manufacturer, or to the suspension manufacturer. That's where communication comes in.

What I'm saying is why not take in the feedback that the customers give them and add it to the existing information they already have on what works together and what doesn't. Some manufacturers are doing this already and some combos are listed, but there's additional information that can be added because the feedback has been provided. The manufacturers don't have to test it all themselves, but compiling the data and feedback given and updating their product information to reflect this information whenever they happen to be doing changes to their site only makes things easier for both parties.

Good example: UMI for example on their 2201 Torque Arm:

"1998-2002 Models - This unit is designed to clear with factory exhaust systems and vehicles running shorty headers and y-pipe that bolt into existing location of stock manifolds. It will also clear y-pipes that bolt to factory exhaust manifolds. Torque arm will clear Kooks long tube headers with Kooks y-pipe. It will also clear similar tight fitting long tube header set ups. This set-up may not clear all lower hanging long tube headers. Please see installation photo with measurement showing proper exhaust clearance."

Now as they get more information, other setups than Kooks can be listed.

Good example: MWC clearly states that their true dual cross member works with the TSP true duals. They tested it. Members tested it. Confirmed to work.

They weren't sure if their double drop worked with the SE Y pipe, but I confirmed that it did and relayed the information back.

People weren't sure if the pacesetter Y worked with the Spohn short torque arm and original design cross member and I provided that information. Then I told the manufacturers what I experienced.

Next I will be test fitting a TSP Y pipe with SE headers and checking fitment with both the double drop and the 3.5 catback cross members, as I have all the parts on hand.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea... This thread has made up my mind. Im definitely gonna purchase this exhaust system. Since I live in Los Angeles, my attempt will be to make it work with Shorties and high flow cats. Ive been wanting a true dual system for so long. I cant wait to purchase. Will share my pics when I do.

To those that have had issues with the bolts, can any of you share what bolt size you upgrade to? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!