Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lsxrt injector fitment problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 07:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lsxrt injector fitment problems

Trying to get my ls1 style injectors to work on the lsxrt intake I just bought. Fast sent some oversized o rings but they don't fit where the black o ring is. They do fit above them in the other ridge. Where is the proper place to run the o ring on this injector? I called Fast today and they weren't much help.
Attached Thumbnails Lsxrt injector fitment problems-img_4647.jpg  
Old 01-26-2017, 07:14 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 140 Likes on 117 Posts

In the second ridge is where I would run them. They don't have to be right on the nozzle. It'll seal up nicely being right there. The issue is your injector may be too low in the manifold and not connect to the rail tightly.

Depending on what rail you are running, you need to make sure there's 60mm between the o-rings. If it's an LS2 rail it needs to be 48mm. But that looks like an LS1 type injector and 60mm is the correct number.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Here's my other problem. Even with the spacers my injectors are way too tall. Plus the angle is way off. I'm ready to buy ls2 injectors and call it a day. I believe that's what belongs on this intake. Correct?
Attached Thumbnails Lsxrt injector fitment problems-img_4648.jpg   Lsxrt injector fitment problems-img_4649.jpg  
Old 01-27-2017, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Old 01-27-2017, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Yep, all sounds familiar... I have one kit left I believe, but I do have a set of just the brackets if you already have lower o-rings. Pm me if you need them (you do).
Old 01-28-2017, 09:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Thats not what my brackets look like. And the oring goes on the bottom. See how my brackets are L shaped to offset the rail?

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Havent updated this in a while but im still on my NA quest for tens. I think ive got it figured out with spending some money but I'm trying to not make any major changes to the car so for now im changing parts that I can grow into later when I change the build up. Ive been running a FAST 92/PTM 95 combo for a while. I bought the black fast 92 when they re-released it a few years back. I always wondered if I gave up anything not going to a 102 version. I came across a unique opportunity to swap intake for intake with a buddy who had a c5 and would prefer the better fitment of the 92. The back story behind this intake was it was on a motor with bad oil blow by and was installed by a hackjob shop. Once I looked it over I realized I needed to order some parts. I ordered a new inner seal, new fuel pressure gauge, new thicker lower injector o rings (146020COR), and a fuel line adapter (640940). This was originally a grey intake somebody painted black. After I cleaned it up, installed the new stuff, and fixed a broken vacuum nipple on the back, I sand blasted and hand sanded it. Here it is ready for paint.

Looked around for something silver. Thought hey lets go a little darker then go bright on the lettering.

Got about 3 color coats on it.

Then about 3 coats of clear

Then dressed it out with injector, rails, tb, and yellow lettering

Then the install, man this thing barely fits. I removed the located dowels from the bottom of the intake and bent the pvc line. No grinding on the pump. Added a new silicone SD hose also. Excuse the dirty engine bay.

Track times to come!
Old 01-28-2017, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Thats not what my brackets look like. And the oring goes on the bottom. See how my brackets are L shaped to offset the rail?
You're running an lsxr, he is running an LSXRT. Apples and oranges.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by themealonwheels
You're running an lsxr, he is running an LSXRT. Apples and oranges.
Whoops

Quick Reply: Lsxrt injector fitment problems