Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone tried the new texas speed over the axle true duals?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 10:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed

I guess I'm the only one to have installed it on my 4th gen? It was a pain doing. It on the ground but once I got on a lift pretty easy, but the clearance is impossible. My Camaro is lowered about an inch all around with the back still sitting half a inch higher, and from the end of the x pipe till the bends start to go over the axle, I seriously have about an inch clearance. Scraps everything, it's hanging way down from the body, anyone have any tips? Speaking of tips , they aren't as bad as everyone thinks.. I might possibly still buy some new ones but they look fine, and yes the system sounds good. I went from a chatted Y pipe with a blow threw muffler to open headers and now this.. Much much quieter in the cab but still sounds great outside, definitely under high throttle. Also doesn't come with the bolts you need for the 4 rear hangers so if you don't have them there factory you're sol like I was. Once I get those on there the clearance will be a tad better but still not enough, dunno what I need to do, other than maybe heat it up and bent it better. And lastly I have the founders panhandle bar relocation but with it being a Lil lower than stock the pipes still barely fit, lots of vibration right now from that. The rear hangers should help. Hopefully this helps out some people and hopefully someone will have some ideas for me
Old 09-18-2017, 02:05 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for your post, thats disappointing that the ground clearance sucks. Can you take a picture showing the lowest part of it?
Old 09-18-2017, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nnag
Thanks for your post, thats disappointing that the ground clearance sucks. Can you take a picture showing the lowest part of it?
​​​​​. Yeah I should had done that yesterday after I finished.. I'll try and get some good pics in the next few days
​​​​​​
Old 09-18-2017, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see a lot of complaints about ground clearance from people fitting both the TSP over the axle duals and Speed engineering over the axle true duals and yet others have no issues. It has to be a matter of adjustment and positioning of the pipes surely?
Old 09-18-2017, 06:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TheNutDriver
I see a lot of complaints about ground clearance from people fitting both the TSP over the axle duals and Speed engineering over the axle true duals and yet others have no issues. It has to be a matter of adjustment and positioning of the pipes surely?
You would think.. But dang that would be a lot of adjustment, in order to give me and extra inch or 2, might have to go back to stock springs
Old 09-24-2017, 05:48 PM
Teching In

That lowest spot is about and inch maybe inch and a half from the ground.. Looks like a Lil more than it actually is
Old 09-25-2017, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yikes. That's really low.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by skopers3
Yikes. That's really low.
Yeah haven't been able to mess with it again yet
Old 09-25-2017, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

damn, that's realllly low and close to the ground. I wouldn't want to think about going over speed bumps or driveways with a decent drop in the gutter between the driveway to the curb
Old 09-26-2017, 10:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dbar34
That lowest spot is about and inch maybe inch and a half from the ground.. Looks like a Lil more than it actually is
I have the true dual exhaust from TSP as well, mine is pretty low but you have to realize, its a total of 6" of piping running under that car in which the car was not designed to have. I love the exhaust for sound and how loud it is, it is very throaty. My only complaint is that it rattles like a motherF***er on the panhard bar, and I can't get it to stop no matter how I adjust it.

Last edited by Randy_Z28; 09-27-2017 at 06:28 AM.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Randy_Z28
I have the true dual exhaust from TSP as well, mine is pretty low but you have to realize, its a total of 6" of piping running under that car in which the car was not designed to have. I love the exhaust for sound and how loud it is, it is very throaty. My only complaint is that it rattles like a motherF***er on the panhard bar, and I can't get it to stop no matter how I adjust it.
Let's see some clearance pics of yours. And yeah it rattles bad, need to make some kind of mount right by the panhard bar probably. Are you lowered?
Old 09-26-2017, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

may need to add/weld in another hangar?
Old 09-26-2017, 10:38 AM
9 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

And everyone was giving SE **** for there duals. TSP version is basically a knock off version of the SE duals. I remember they were talking mess about how the SE duals dip after the X. On the TSP ones it looks like they angled it into the X pipe.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by soloman369
And everyone was giving SE **** for there duals. TSP version is basically a knock off version of the SE duals. I remember they were talking mess about how the SE duals dip after the X. On the TSP ones it looks like they angled it into the X pipe.
Yeah there's only 10 dollars difference I think but I figured the TSP would be better fit. Might have been wrong lol
Old 09-26-2017, 10:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by fst100
may need to add/weld in another hangar?
Atleast put the other 2 hangers provided on. And then I bought the SE seat belt mounted hanger maybe that will help
Old 09-26-2017, 01:18 PM
11 Second Club

Wow, that **** hangs LOW
Old 09-26-2017, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by scotty2000ss
Wow, that **** hangs LOW
Thanks captain obvious lol.. I'm Hoping maybe one of the pipes aren't slid on all the way and it's throwing the whole. Thing off
Old 09-26-2017, 03:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by dbar34
thanks captain obvious lol.. I'm hoping maybe one of the pipes aren't slid on all the way and it's throwing the whole. Thing off
no problem pal
Old 09-26-2017, 05:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dbar34
Let's see some clearance pics of yours. And yeah it rattles bad, need to make some kind of mount right by the panhard bar probably. Are you lowered?

My car sits stock height, ill attach a idle video of mine, as well as some pictures. Mine sits low as well, its going to happen. I also have stock engine mounts, which I should get poly mounts because then the engine will sit up higher and so will the pipes.

car is also for sale by the way if anyone is interested

Old 09-26-2017, 06:02 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking at some of the pics there is still plenty of room to adjust some of those up higher. A quick tip would be to place a jack under the mid pipes with a block of wood between the jack and pipes. Loosen the clamps, push everything up higher, then clamp it all tight. This will improve clearance quite a bit.

Also I will state that our website does have a note for those with lowered suspensions. "If your vehicle is lowered, you may need to modify or adjust the system accordingly. All measurements for our system were based off of a stock LS1 f-body at factory ride height."
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900

Last edited by Sales3@Texas-Speed; 09-27-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Quick Reply: anyone tried the new texas speed over the axle true duals?