Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake resonator delete issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 06:09 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Intake resonator delete issues

So in the Hope's of making my ride a bit louder, I removed the intake resonator on my stock air intake setup for my ls1 2002 camaro z28, after removing it and firing it up the car did sound great but the battery level was already at 13amps (usually it's way above that) and it gradually fell until the car hit the red part of the gauge and turned off. I fired it up again and the car started right up but it the battery level started to fall again. I drove it around the block and it ran horribly and my battery level was only remaining constant when I gave it gas. Is there any way to have the car run normal without the resonator or where should I route the tube that used to connect to the resonator to make it run normal.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you referring to the volts gauge? Sounds like you have a dying alternator, deleting the silencer/resonator from the intake tract has nothing to do with falling voltage. FWIW the truck alternator DR44 will fit and provides a lot more amps than the shitty fbody alternator.

Last edited by 03Sssnake; 02-04-2019 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...lure-s-14.html
Old 02-04-2019, 06:40 PM
Teching In

I was about to add that it sounded the same as when my alternator was dying in mid December but I guess that's the issue coming back again after I replaced it with a fbody one again ��
Old 02-04-2019, 06:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
Are you referring to the volts gauge? Sounds like you have a dying alternator, deleting the silencer/resonator from the intake tract has nothing to do with falling voltage. FWIW the truck alternator DR44 will fit and provides a lot more amps than the shitty fbody alternator.
And yes I was taking about the volt gauge, could it be one of the two sensors connected to the air intake going bad? and also what should I do with the tube that used to connect to the resonator?