Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PVC catch can for emmissions Z28?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 09:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PVC catch can for emmissions Z28?

I have been trying to find a PVC catch can that will work on my 2000 Camaro Z28 with the emissions equipment on and I can't find any pictures of anyone's set up,..seems everyone mounts there catch can to the "passenger side head", but on a emissions vehicle, there is a hot exahaust return tube pump/valve that is mounted in that spot with the tube going into the top of the manafold... I would like to know what brand catch can is designed for my application..
Thanks
Ruben
Old 02-28-2019, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Please search. Catch cans have been discussed a million times. Some are a long read but I guarantee your question has already been answered many times over.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

I did search and every single post was for a non emmissions application. Thats why Im asking.
Thank You
Old 02-28-2019, 03:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

You can mount a can anyplace you have space. You just need to run longer hoses to reach it. If you wanted you could even put it in the back of a pickup and just follow the truck around. You'll need to use extra long hoses and make sure nobody tries to cut in between you and the truck or they'll get tangled.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bammax
you can mount a can anyplace you have space. You just need to run longer hoses to reach it. If you wanted you could even put it in the back of a pickup and just follow the truck around. You'll need to use extra long hoses and make sure nobody tries to cut in between you and the truck or they'll get tangled.
lmfao....
Old 02-28-2019, 03:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,113 Likes on 2,428 Posts

I would call an inspection station and find out if catch cans are even legal here in Cali.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bammax
You can mount a can anyplace you have space. You just need to run longer hoses to reach it. If you wanted you could even put it in the back of a pickup and just follow the truck around. You'll need to use extra long hoses and make sure nobody tries to cut in between you and the truck or they'll get tangled.
Now that’s some funny **** right there....LOL
Old 02-28-2019, 03:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by G Atsma
I would call an inspection station and find out if catch cans are even legal here in Cali.
Well, If they can sell to California it must be leagal..... Right?...
Old 02-28-2019, 03:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,113 Likes on 2,428 Posts

Originally Posted by badchev

Well, If they can sell to California it must be leagal..... Right?...
For sure on a non-emission vehicle. Long tube headers are also sold here, for non-emission vehicles. It's up to the user to research if something is legal on their particular vehicle. Just because it's sold here, does not mean it's legal on every vehicle.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

They are illegal in California....but I’m going to run one and remove it when I go in to smog it..... All I need now is a chase truck and some extra long hoses...LOL!
Old 02-28-2019, 05:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 175 Likes on 128 Posts

Did you check with Mighty Mouse Solutions? If he doesn't already have a mounting bracket for you, he could probably design/make one.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by badchev
They are illegal in California....but I’m going to run one and remove it when I go in to smog it..... All I need now is a chase truck and some extra long hoses...LOL!
man that is crazy, figured the vented cans would be illegal there, but a sealed catch can? gdamn hippies...