Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring harness for LS3 / USCAR / EV6 fuel injectors on an LS1 / LS6

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2024, 11:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 121 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Wiring harness for LS3 / USCAR / EV6 fuel injectors on an LS1 / LS6

Does anyone know of a good source for a wiring harness that will allow a 2002 Corvette (LS6) to use USCAR / EV6 fuel injectors?

I'm asking because I recently switched to a new motor with ID 1050x injectors, which use USCAR / EV6 connectors (which I think is the same connector that's used by LS3 motors). I've got some random misfires that I think might be due to a poor fit between the connectors on the injectors and the connectors on the wiring harness that I'm using.

I don't recall where I got the wiring harness as the motor swap project started a couple years ago and is just now getting drivable. I've tried a dozen things to get to the root of this misfire issue (compression test, new plugs, swapped coils, tested connectivity from the PCM to the injector connector...) and it just hit me that the injector connectors fit kinda loosely on the injectors themselves, so maybe that's the root of the problem.

From the photos that I've seen, it doesn't look like the LS3 injector harness uses the right connector to mate with the rest of the engine harness - but if anyone has reason to believe that they are indeed compatible, please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 03-09-2024, 06:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 473 Likes on 356 Posts

If you can just replace the connectors, I buy all my connectors and wire from prowireusa
Old 03-09-2024, 11:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 484 Likes on 388 Posts

https://www.ictbillet.com/wire-harne...-injector.html

There you go, plug and play.
Old 03-09-2024, 04:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 121 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by TrendSetter
If you can just replace the connectors, I buy all my connectors and wire from prowireusa
I already have a set coming. Was hoping to avoid the labor by getting something premade but at $3 each I couldn't not order some. Will probably try swapping connectors on the suspect cylinders first just to see if that's really where the problem is coming from.

Originally Posted by LS1Formulation
It would be, if I still had the stock harnesses, but I tossed them a couple years ago, early in this project. Funny thing is, I was worried that adding those adapters wouldn't be as reliable as a new EV6 harness... but here I am.

Quick Reply: Wiring harness for LS3 / USCAR / EV6 fuel injectors on an LS1 / LS6