Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help With PCV/Catch Can Routing & Holley Valve Covers

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2023, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Help With PCV/Catch Can Routing & Holley Valve Covers

Hey guys,

I know this topic has been beaten to death, but this one is a little different than most. I am trying to do the simplest/cleanest catch can routing on my NA lq4 with a tbss intake, stock throttle body, and holley valve covers. The holley valve covers are adapter covers to be able to run SBC covers over the top of them, so each side has a nipple to run fuel hose for the pcv system. However, these covers do not have a pcv valve built into them like stock ls1 covers do. They recommend you run a Beck Arnley inline PCV valve (which I bought), but they do not tell you the best place to put it or any other instruction. I've also read in some other forums that people do away with this valve and instead run some sort of orifice with a hole drilled in it?

Additionally, I am running a custom valley cover to match the valve covers, so the LS6 style valley cover is not an option as far as the pcv setup goes. Would anyone be able to draw up or explain a simple way to run the pcv with a catch can? I'm using a ws6 store aluminum can. Again, I've seen many people run it different ways and I am not finding any consistent answer, especially when using the Holley covers. I'm really trying to do this with the least amount of hose exposed/cleanest way possible.

Thanks in advance
Old 02-28-2023, 06:02 PM
Teching In

Bump. Anyone have any input on this?
Old 03-06-2023, 02:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

you would just install an appropriate pcv valve in the line between one cover and the intake manifold, do this however you like / need to get it to connect
another option would be a catch can / aos (if in the market) that has built in regulation such as the MM
Old 02-28-2024, 08:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trever20
Hey guys,

I know this topic has been beaten to death, but this one is a little different than most. I am trying to do the simplest/cleanest catch can routing on my NA lq4 with a tbss intake, stock throttle body, and holley valve covers. The holley valve covers are adapter covers to be able to run SBC covers over the top of them, so each side has a nipple to run fuel hose for the pcv system. However, these covers do not have a pcv valve built into them like stock ls1 covers do. They recommend you run a Beck Arnley inline PCV valve (which I bought), but they do not tell you the best place to put it or any other instruction. I've also read in some other forums that people do away with this valve and instead run some sort of orifice with a hole drilled in it?

Additionally, I am running a custom valley cover to match the valve covers, so the LS6 style valley cover is not an option as far as the pcv setup goes. Would anyone be able to draw up or explain a simple way to run the pcv with a catch can? I'm using a ws6 store aluminum can. Again, I've seen many people run it different ways and I am not finding any consistent answer, especially when using the Holley covers. I'm really trying to do this with the least amount of hose exposed/cleanest way possible.

Thanks in advance
Did you ever get this figured out ?
Old 03-06-2024, 11:59 PM
On The Tree

EARL'S OIL FILL CAP W/ PCV VENT Part # 3434122ERL

Old 03-07-2024, 06:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by kodiak

EARL'S OIL FILL CAP W/ PCV VENT Part # 3434122ERL

holley valve covers

Holley Valve covers are threaded fittings and not the typical "fill cap" style. just an fyi
Old 03-08-2024, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ve-covers.html
Old 03-12-2024, 11:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts

You only need to run some vacuum line from the passenger side cover to throttle body and driver side valve cover to catch can to manifold. Nothing else should be needed.

Quick Reply: Help With PCV/Catch Can Routing & Holley Valve Covers