Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock sensor PO327 help

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2024, 06:32 AM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Knock sensor PO327 help

I bought a 02 WS6 with 17k miles several months ago. It had been sitting for years with essentially no driving. I’ve replaced all the fluids, tires, filters, and have ran probably 2 tanks of gas through it with some fuel system cleaner. I’ve been throwing a PO327 ever since I got the car. I replaced the knock sensors and the rear sensor was badly corroded with water around it. I put RTV around the new sensors and put in a new harness. Still have a code. I put in new plugs, same thing. Plug wires, same thing.

Any idea of where I go from here? I did use Dorman sensors, which I can’t see being the cause as nothing changed after replacing and there was clear corrosion. I’ve been reading the forums and it seems that I’ve covered most of the common causes. I’ve been thinking to maybe replace injectors? Thoughts?
Old 06-08-2024, 07:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,359 Posts

I've read where people would still have code issues when not replacing the knock sensors with OEM parts. I've changed out knock sensors on a couple of trucks and always purchased a new knock sensor harness and AC Delco sensors. I have not ran into issues doing this but if I had then I would check for any damage to the wires on the harness from the ECM.
Old 06-08-2024, 12:57 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Check out this thread for similar issues seen by other folks:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...-cleaning.html

There is a big problem with getting a new knock sensor that doesn't trip a code for this application. The link above goes through a testing process as well as findings on the 'best' current option. Many of the brands won't work properly on these cars, even brand new right out of the box.
Old 06-09-2024, 11:24 AM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: Knock sensor PO327 help