Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMPP singleplane tested in the new Popular Hotrodding mag.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMPP singleplane tested in the new Popular Hotrodding mag.

Finally a real test of the singleplane from GMPP.Was wondering if you saw this yet?Made almost identical hp as ls6,this was with a 750 Mighty Demon 750 carb,with1 3\4 Hooker LT and hotcam and ls6 blue springs it made 503 fwhp, stock with headers was 429 hp.The MSD ingnition system looks pretty cool!!I"ve heard that the hotcam is not all that great is that true???
Old 07-30-2004, 07:27 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FASTONE
Finally a real test of the singleplane from GMPP.Was wondering if you saw this yet?Made almost identical hp as ls6,this was with a 750 Mighty Demon 750 carb,with1 3\4 Hooker LT and hotcam and ls6 blue springs it made 503 fwhp, stock with headers was 429 hp.The MSD ingnition system looks pretty cool!!I"ve heard that the hotcam is not all that great is that true???
No, it's not true. People just don't like the hotcam because it does not generate the peak horsepower numbers that they want to brag about. It is a perfectly respectable cam that makes excellent power.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It seems like a nice piece for someone not wanting to use fuel injection, but the dyno charts before and after arent a good comparison since they had valve float in both and then fixed it for the carb only. Also from the article, I assumed this was against an ls1 intake, so the gains weren't that great.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JS
I talked to my buddy Dale Cherry (EMIC) who has very good info on the carb setup.He was not impressed with there findings and was told it actually lost some power.

JS
So the entire article was fabricated BS? (I don't doubt it, just want to know.)
Old 07-31-2004, 01:12 AM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Works great for me.

If someone wants to send me a 90mm LSx I'll back to back dyno it with tuning.

LOL.

Ryan K.