Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone sell dual exhaust bends, just over the axles? Hello Lanes....

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 04:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone sell dual exhaust bends, just over the axles? Hello Lanes....

I think a company could make some good money if they sold a little set of exhaust bends made for the f-bodies that just consisted of two mandrel bends that fit over the axles for our cars. Preferably one on each side. You could always put some heat wrap on the drivers side bend to help protect the fuel lines and such. I think that is the most expensive part of putting together the system, is getting a local company to make those bends (if they even will). Heck, even the bends just for the passenger side would work. Anyone know of a company such as lanes already selling this, or willing too? Hmmm.......
Old 09-01-2004, 04:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

There's a couple people running around with this setup. One guy right now is selling a true dual setup that runs over the axle in the For Sale section. I know its very possible. Its easier to do with 2.5in pipe then 3in, but still possible with 3in. I think you just have to alter your rear suspension a little bit. BMR even has equipment specifically designed for that purpose, to run true duals in that manner. Here About halfway down the page, its called the Panhard Rod Relocation Kit. Hope that helps
Old 09-01-2004, 07:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.stainlessworks.net/
Old 09-01-2004, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

ls1speed.com They are a sponsor here. Check about halfway down the page. They have up to the axle and over the axle systems. Here's the link.
http://www.ls1speed.com/catagory.cfm?catagory=exhaust
Old 09-02-2004, 01:22 PM
Teching In

Thanks tom!

Quick Reply: Does anyone sell dual exhaust bends, just over the axles? Hello Lanes....