Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gut or remove catalytic converter

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 05:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Depends on where you live. They are just visual where I am at. About an hour south of sa. My truck and the car both have gutted cats. Let california worry about clean air, I want power.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cat shells

hey everyone, i jus put on pacesetter lt's and an offroad y pipe..little did i kno if u get cought without cats in NC ur going to jail..i heard of some cat shells and bolt right to the y pipe that look jus like cats but it is jus a shell..does anyone kno where i can get that from?
Old 03-28-2006, 07:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Phil8616
Hey Im thinking about gutting my cats....anybody from Texas know how strict the emissions check is? Sniff test or just visual?
Where in Tx? They don't even look at them here. Just lights and insurance.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

Default cat shells

If you want some cat shells, just buy some used cats (or use your old ones), and cut them in half and then weld em back onto your y pipe. The only way the fuzz can tell that they aren't the real thing (besides the emmissions) is by using one of those infrared thermometers to see that the cats aren't any hotter than the surorunding pipe. Otherwise these should would fine, and it would be cheap. hope this helps

Quick Reply: Gut or remove catalytic converter