Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock or Pacesetter?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 10:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
could someone post a link to where I can take a look at these for sale?

-Todd
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...74&prmenbr=361
Old 10-18-2004, 10:21 PM
Banned

Don't know if they're sale price or not...
Old 10-18-2004, 10:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CrvnTransAm
Don't know if they're sale price or not...
I would call kris at scoggin dickey. They are on sale, have great customer service and are a sponser.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:54 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ohhiitznik
get the edelbrocks... no install problems with them like pacesetters, they might not be coated, but who cares... stepped header for under 500 with y pipe.. hell get the edelbrocks coated and they put the kooks headers to shame. I have them on my car, and I love em.
Someone should do a true before/after dyno and track test with these things with the ONLY change being the headers/ORY to see just how good they really are.

Originally Posted by 98B4CZ28
and are a sponser.
Yes, always support the board sponsors whenever possible.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

talk to kris jones at scoggin dickey and order the edelbrocks. they are freakin awesome. fit great and top quality construction. plus they're stepped, in case you go with more cubic inches later, these wont choke the engine. I payed right at $500 for the headers (w/ all the goodies included) and a ypipe. it all fit together perfectly. couldnt be happier. and if this is the route you take, i suggest a hooker catback. sounds mean!! good luck
Old 10-19-2004, 12:22 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys for the input. I am definitely going with the Edelbrocks now. Coated would be nice, but I really don't care if they get rusted, I mean it's not like I'm going to always be looking under there anyways. Since I have big plans in store for the Trans Am in the next few years, then the stepped headers will definitely benefit me the most. Does anyone know who has them in stock and who could send me them the fastest. I would really like to have them in by the beginning of November(hopefully by Nov. 7th).
Old 10-19-2004, 12:31 AM
10 Second Club

Question

I wonder on a car that will remain 'stock internals/bolt ons only' if the 1 3/4" Pacesetters would still deliver as much/more power over the stepped 1 3/4" - 1 7/8" Edelbrocks or is that just a bit too much header? I mean you generally wouldn't put a 1 7/8" header on a bolt on car.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There is enough too much header... the edelbrocks just give you more room to mod than the pacesetters.. i have bolt on only car, and my buddy has the SAME EXACT mods as me. I used ot beat him by 1 car, he had pacesetters/ory/hooker catback ls6 intake lid filter ppTB

I didnt have headers, but i had all the other mods, i beat him by 1 car. I put the edelbrock headers and ORY on and i beat him by 5 cars. that lets you know how good these headers are. and those 5 cars were from a 40-100 roll
Old 10-19-2004, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, when he had everything and you have everything except headers, you beat him by 1 car length. After you install the headers/ory (and I assume he did nothing else to his car), you were beating him by 5 car lengths. A 4 car length improvement is right around a couple tenths, about on par for any header install.

Back to back dyno comparisons are the only comparisons that will be totally objective.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:20 PM
TECH Resident

ohhiitsnick, your story seems very far fetched. You are saying you are beating him by 5 cars from a mere 40-100 roll? Thats a HUGE difference and a major a$$ raping. being that you guys have identical mods only difference being you have Edelbrocks and he has Pacesetters, either you are full of it or there is another very large variable at work here. Like either he got a total dog from the factory while you got a freak or his car is WAY out of tune or he doesn't have the slightest clue as to how to drive.

Lt's and orp should add 25-30rwhp and if you were beating him by one car when you had stock manifolds while he had the LT's and orp than somethings wrong from the start, but its atleast its not as far fetched as 5 cars from only 40-100mp when you even things up by added LT's.

jraskell a car length is one tenth in the 1/4 so he would have added 4/10's if it was a 1/4 run, but this wasnt even near that far. This was a mere 40-100 blast. Not very believeable

Last edited by KB99WS6; 10-19-2004 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:59 PM
TECH Resident

I thought all headers generally give about the same dyno numbers?
Old 10-21-2004, 03:36 PM
TECH Resident

From my understanding...
It's widely believed that all LT's will dyno within 5hp or less of each other for general bolt-on & cammed cars. If you get up into real big numbers like 500+rwhp certain designs like stepped headers will likely show bigger differences
Old 10-21-2004, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KB99WS6
From my understanding...
It's widely believed that all LT's will dyno within 5hp or less of each other for general bolt-on & cammed cars. If you get up into real big numbers like 500+rwhp certain designs like stepped headers will likely show bigger differences
And cars with cubes or some aggresive H/C may benefit from 1 7/8 primaries over the normal 1 3/4's

-Todd
Old 10-21-2004, 11:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default More Edelbrock Header Chioces to Come

Hi Guys,

I picked up on your post and thought I would chime in on the Edelbrock header questions. First off, the current Victor Series Race headers #6570 are a 1-3/4" stepped to 1-7/8" with a 3-1/2" true merge collector that does require postitioning and you will then need to install the bolt-on bracket. Not a big deal for some, but some would like to just bolt-on and go. The headers are constructed of mild steel and black painted. Also available is the madrel bent Y-pipe #6571.

Now for more choices. We currently have more LS1 F-Car headers that will be released and shown for the first time at the SEMA show in two weeks. The qualities will be the same as the #6570, in a true bolt-on package. The O2 bungs are installed, the AIR hook-ups are installed and we will have them for both the 98-99 and 00-02 models.

As stated by some in this post, you need coating options and we are about to give you two great ones. You will be able to purchas the new design headers with traditional ceramic coating. (OR) You will now be able to purchase them with Edelbrock's new Ti-Tech coating, which is a cermic based paint that holds up under heat and offers the protection of a true ceramic for a fraction of the cost. In fact, we just leaned out a dyno motor while testing the new coating. The tubes were so hot they were glowing red and sure enough the Ti-Tech coating did not lose any of it's finish or integrity. We also have been R&D'ing this on a service truck for more than 19,000 miles and those will be on display at SEMA. The new coating isn't flashy or bright and is a satin titanium color. If anyone would like a sneak peak, I may be able to drop an image tomorrow as long as you keep them low key until SEMA week!

All of the new headers will be available through your LS1Tech Edelbrock Distributors, along with the #6571 Y-Pipe to complete the install.

Thank you,
Jason.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

and yet i again i say go with the edelbrocks
Old 10-22-2004, 01:20 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
And cars with cubes or some aggresive H/C may benefit from 1 7/8 primaries over the normal 1 3/4's
I agree, a mere bolt on car might not benefit as much from these as they would from a straight 1 3/4" (or even 1 5/8") header, or maybe they would.

Originally Posted by jasonsny
The new coating isn't flashy or bright and is a satin titanium color. If anyone would like a sneak peak, I may be able to drop an image tomorrow as long as you keep them low key until SEMA week!
Yes please post them here, we can keep the pics contained within this one thread and not send it all over the net maybe.
I actually prefer the look of a more simple finish, shiny is too bling bling sometimes.
Old 10-23-2004, 11:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
I agree, a mere bolt on car might not benefit as much from these as they would from a straight 1 3/4" (or even 1 5/8") header, or maybe they would.

Yes please post them here, we can keep the pics contained within this one thread and not send it all over the net maybe.
I actually prefer the look of a more simple finish, shiny is too bling bling sometimes.
I have a nice image for you guys, but I am having trouble posting the damn thing! File size is too large; any suggestions...I am having IT brain-fade!

Jason.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jasonsny
I have a nice image for you guys, but I am having trouble posting the damn thing! File size is too large; any suggestions...I am having IT brain-fade!

Jason.
Post them on another website like cardomain and link the picture

hehe

-Todd
Old 10-24-2004, 01:23 AM
TECH Resident

go to www.photobucket.com (fast, easy and free). it will automatically resize them and you can ahve them appear right in your posts....

PS-Photobucket is MUCH better than cardomain for picture hosting
Old 10-28-2004, 02:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default NEW Edelbrock Headers

Image attached.
Attached Thumbnails Edelbrock or Pacesetter?-65682.v2jpg.jpg