Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed FAST 90 TPIS 90 Tbody...got problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtomac
thanks for the reply i just called and talked to you guys im gonna see what i can do with this, thanks again, Kurt

Ok Kurt, what kind of info did they give you about the right left throttle blade movement fix?
Old 12-31-2004, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smokin' joe 00 ss
Ok Kurt, what kind of info did they give you about the right left throttle blade movement fix?
I want to know too!!!Joe,The extra spring didnt fix mine,I may have to do something else ,I will deal with it when I install my Electric Water Pump....Scott
Old 12-31-2004, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pro Mouse
I want to know too!!!Joe,The extra spring didnt fix mine,I may have to do something else ,I will deal with it when I install my Electric Water Pump....Scott
Yea Scott mine still will hang up around 2000 rpm's once in a while but the spring helped mine alot I still want to get rid of the spring just because it looks like crap and I don't think we should have to slap the throttle every once in a while to bring the rpm's down on a T/B thats so pretty and $$$.
Elec. water pump
Old 12-31-2004, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes I agree Joe,Mine does the same thing as yours ,LOL the spring is ugly but what are we going to do?I like your Breather Idea on the pass side mine is just plugged for right now.Mine might have a slight tuning issue?I have my Idle set to 850 and it stays there until I drive the car about 15-20 min the my Idle hangs to 950 after that,but thats not where I have it set.But if I shut the engine off and restart it ,my Idle is at 850 again?I dont get it....Yes ,Elec. Water pump I think this will help out up top
Old 12-31-2004, 01:23 PM
Tenured Member

Sorry for not getting back quick. My computer was having a hissy fit.

The problem with a sticking throttle on an f-car is the only thing that centers the blade is a press fit on the shaft bearings. so if the cable pulls at an angle it will force the shaft to one side. We most certainly want to supply the finest tb's. It would help if you guys would see if your cable is pulling at an angle or not. Then please call and let us know.
Myron c
952 448 6021 We are closed today, Happy new year all
Old 12-31-2004, 02:32 PM
10 Second Club

they told me to just adjust the idle screw for the suction effect and it fixed most of the problem, im not sure if i need to up the screw more or less now, as i dont have a scanner, but let me explain what its doing and see if you guys can help
it cold and hot starts "decent" now, but not perfect, on the way to work it did not hang once, on the way home from work it hung at 2000 a couple times and i had to slap it shut with a pop of the pedal, so i figured id jack the screw up a lil more, now in parking lots and such when i start it up and first give it gas and let off it will hang at like 1500 and like the iac brings the idel back down to idle....reason i say that is cuz it hangs at 1500 only for a few seconds and then bam idle.....and suggestions
Old 12-31-2004, 03:31 PM
Tenured Member

Default Call Me

[QUOTE=Kurtomac]they told me to just adjust the idle screw for the suction effect and it fixed most of the problem, im not sure if i need to up the screw more or less now, as i dont have a scanner, but let me explain what its doing and see if you guys can help
it cold and hot starts "decent" now, but not perfect, on the way to work it did not hang once, on the way home from work it hung at 2000 a couple times and i had to slap it shut with a pop of the pedal, so i figured id jack the screw up a lil more, now in parking lots and such when i start it up and first give it gas and let off it will hang at like 1500 and like the iac brings the idel back down to idle....reason i say that is cuz it hangs at 1500 only for a few seconds and then bam idle.....and suggestions[/QUO

It's time for you to call me 952 448 5330 myron c
Old 12-31-2004, 04:37 PM
...with cheese.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TPiS
It's time for you to call me 952 448 5330 myron c
Old 12-31-2004, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry for not getting back quick. My computer was having a hissy fit.

The problem with a sticking throttle on an f-car is the only thing that centers the blade is a press fit on the shaft bearings. so if the cable pulls at an angle it will force the shaft to one side. We most certainly want to supply the finest tb's. It would help if you guys would see if your cable is pulling at an angle or not. Then please call and let us know.
Myron c
952 448 6021 We are closed today, Happy new year all
Hey Myron, thank's for juming in on my T/B the throttle cable does pull at a angle toward's the driver's side. There's no room for adjusting the throttle bracket unless I cut the end of it down and then shim it where it bolt's to the intake.
Happy New Year!
Joe
Old 01-01-2005, 01:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lightbulb

Hey Myron, thank's for juming in on my T/B the throttle cable does pull at a angle toward's the driver's side. There's no room for adjusting the throttle bracket unless I cut the end of it down and then shim it where it bolt's to the intake.
Happy New Year!
Joe
Mine goes the oppisite way if I put 1/8 inch or so shim under the bracket hmmmmm it might work...Happy New Year to all!
Scott
Old 01-01-2005, 01:34 AM
TECH Addict

I`m having the same issue with it sticking at 2000rpms. I`m going to look at it this weekend and see what I can do. I don`t want this happing to my wife and her hit someone. That would suck! I don`t want a nasty spring either! I might be calling TPIS. Thanks!!
Old 01-04-2005, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Kurt did Myron help figure your problem out with the high idle? I'm making a 1/4" spacer to go inbetween the throttle cable bracket and the intake so the cable get's a straight pull to the T/B bellcrank, maybe this will help my intermitting high idle.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:29 PM
10 Second Club

i think theyre going to have to make me a new one....its still doing it....it likes to hange at 1500 to 2000.....my cable never did pull one direction or the other because i used a spacer on there from the beginning, ill call them in a little while
Old 01-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Tenured Member

Kurt did Myron help figure your problem out with the high idle? I'm making a 1/4" spacer to go inbetween the throttle cable bracket and the intake so the cable get's a straight pull to the T/B bellcrank, maybe this will help my intermitting high idle.
It seems that the shaft has to be free to float back and forth.
open the throttle wide and see if the shaft will move back and forth easily.

let me know what you find.

mc
Old 01-04-2005, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

It seems that the shaft has to be free to float back and forth.
open the throttle wide and see if the shaft will move back and forth easily.

let me know what you find.

mc
I just checked it and when it's wide open I have maybe 1/16" of back and forth play but it's not real easy it's kind of notchey. My throttle seem's to hang up around 1500-2000 rpm's when I get on it wide open or on the throttle pretty hard and when I let off of it and come to a stop it will hang up at a high idle but after I added the extra spring it only does it part of the time.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kurtomac
i think theyre going to have to make me a new one....its still doing it....it likes to hange at 1500 to 2000.....my cable never did pull one direction or the other because i used a spacer on there from the beginning, ill call them in a little while

It look's like TPIS is really trying to get this straight for us so good luck, if you ever make it over to the Rod Run in Pigeon Forge I go in the spring and fall maybe I can check your ride out.
Later
Joe
Old 01-04-2005, 04:13 PM
10 Second Club

yea it seems as if they actually care about their product and how it performs unlike some companies, ill check mine here in a few minutes....joe yes i go to almost all of the rod run there in pigeon forge, thatd be cool to meet up and check out our rides....where in Michigan you from....i moved here from Mt. Clemens, near Detroit
Old 01-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Tenured Member

I just checked it and when it's wide open I have maybe 1/16" of back and forth play but it's not real easy it's kind of notchey. My throttle seem's to hang up around 1500-2000 rpm's when I get on it wide open or on the throttle pretty hard and when I let off of it and come to a stop it will hang up at a high idle but after I added the extra spring it only does it part of the time.
I'm going to be out of town. I want you to email jim with your shipping info and we will send you another tb. I want to look at yours. Send me a copy of your shipping cost. we will reimburse you.

mc
Old 01-04-2005, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm going to be out of town. I want you to email jim with your shipping info and we will send you another tb. I want to look at yours. Send me a copy of your shipping cost. we will reimburse you.

mc
Thank's Myron, do you have Jim's e-mail address?

Joe
Old 01-04-2005, 04:31 PM
10 Second Club

can we do the same thing with my throttle body? send me another and ill send you mine?