Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals And Magnaflows

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default True Duals And Magnaflows

Has anyone done true duals and used maganflow magnapacks? I have heard all the 4 x 9 's and all those. I have never heard the magnapacks and am thinking about changing to those for clearance issues. Any suggestions welcome. I do not have headers yet and am not that worried about changing anything as i work at an exhaust shop.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:49 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What part number are you looking at? My car is nearly done, and will be done with two Magnaflow Part # 10416 mufflers. Might be a while before I can get some clips though. These mufflers are pretty much bullets with a little extra baffling from what I was told. I'm not sure what the Magnapacks are...
Old 12-29-2004, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

They sound great. A little deeper and maybe a little quieter than Dynomax bullets - but otherwise very similar. And like the Dynomax bullets, they can drone depending on your mods.

Here's a pic: With a Bassani X, and completely stainless.

Old 12-29-2004, 12:56 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Those should be close if not identical to the ones I will have on my car, only mine are after the axle. I'm hoping this will take care of any droning problems.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I put the Magnapack Catback on my GF's Rustang GT and it sounds excellent ON THE OUTSIDE. However, it drones BADLY ON THE INSIDE. BEWARE of the long car rides. Trips to/from AC (2.5hrs) and Lake George (5hrs) gave me pounding headaches. I was ready to jusmp out of the car it hurt so bad. And this is with stock manifolds and mid section (exiting out the rear of course - mustang) I think it is mostly because of two reasons....
(1) it is a vert and it echos/resonates through the roof storage gulley.
(2) 5th in her car keeps the engine right around 2K

Might be better in a hard top but I can't even imagine what these would sound like on an LS1 dumped at the axle. My car has zero drone right now.

Also, I thought Magnapacks were being discontinued. I tried to purchase a pair of 3" in September when I bought the GF's exhaust (before I knew how it droned) and the vendor said that Magnaflow canceld his shipment request of the individual pieces because of they were phased out.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lane
They sound great. A little deeper and maybe a little quieter than Dynomax bullets - but otherwise very similar. And like the Dynomax bullets, they can drone depending on your mods.

Here's a pic: With a Bassani X, and completely stainless.

Looks good Lane. What TA was that? Looks like pretty good clearenace.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah from what i know they have been cancelled but my supplier has a whole bunch left in stock in nearly every size. I think I will most likely do it. My buddy has them on his 04 gt with the bassani x pipe and they sound awesome. I have the flowmaster 1 chamber on right now and am looking for something with a little more clearance. I had glasspacks on at first and it sounded mean until you let off the gas and it sounded like a fart.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

I think those are the same kind I have on mine. Do they come in both aluminized and stainless? If so, they might be the same. I got the stainless ones and love the way they sound. Different than regular bullets, a bit deeper. Very mean sounding. Like an old SBC chevy that was set up for the strip, and mine do exit out the back over the axle. No drone that I can tell.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:53 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by WSteve6
I think those are the same kind I have on mine. Do they come in both aluminized and stainless? If so, they might be the same. I got the stainless ones and love the way they sound. Different than regular bullets, a bit deeper. Very mean sounding. Like an old SBC chevy that was set up for the strip, and mine do exit out the back over the axle. No drone that I can tell.
Did you get the Speed Inc setup? That's who is doing mine...
Old 12-29-2004, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

14495 is the part number I will be using. 10416 is the universal 4" Round and I want to try the Magnapack. I'll be doing this in the next 2-3 weeks and will let everyone know what I think of them.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:29 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah I got it at Speed Inc. they had never used this mufflers before. I actually had wanted to use the single chamberd flowmaster but they wouldn't fit, so I ordered these last minute. I was kind of worried about what it would sound like but I like it in the end. I'd love to hear my setup with sweet thunders too, just for comparisons, but I really like mine so I don't think I'd change it.

I wonder if Speed really liked the way my muffler's worked out and that's why they're using them now. That would be pretty cool.

Hey MeentSS02 did you come all the way up from Florida just to get work done on your car at Speed? Wow!
Old 12-30-2004, 01:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BLASTER
Looks good Lane. What TA was that? Looks like pretty good clearenace.
Randon Tech double adjustable. I was very happy with it. Pulled countless low 1.5 60's, wheels up - never had a problem with it. Plus - it gives you even more room for duals than the stocker.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:00 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by WSteve6
Yeah I got it at Speed Inc. they had never used this mufflers before. I actually had wanted to use the single chamberd flowmaster but they wouldn't fit, so I ordered these last minute. I was kind of worried about what it would sound like but I like it in the end. I'd love to hear my setup with sweet thunders too, just for comparisons, but I really like mine so I don't think I'd change it.

I wonder if Speed really liked the way my muffler's worked out and that's why they're using them now. That would be pretty cool.

Hey MeentSS02 did you come all the way up from Florida just to get work done on your car at Speed? Wow!
Why yes, yes I did drive all that way just for that. Couldn't be happier with it though...I'll get some pics when I get back down there. That thing is really, really deep now.

Quick Reply: True Duals And Magnaflows