Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do You Liek Your True Duals?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like them, but im changing it up to a QTP LT's, QTP catted Y, and GMMG...
no real reason other than i want a stainless setup..
Old 03-02-2005, 03:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love mine. The tone is just right. There are a few little issues. I get a lot of interior vibration at anything less than 1/2 throttle. Drone is minimal. Once I get to my cruising speed of 75mph, the stock radio drowns it out.

Good God it's loud though. I crank it up and people's heads turn. It makes car guys think that I have a cam when I am just SI.

In short, no more catbacks for me. I'm putting duals on whatever I get from now on.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Nittany_marine
My duals, with 12" bullets, and dumping at the side, make mothers hold their children just a little bit closer.....
lol...............what he said.
i love it.

vid..........................
http://www.fbodyvideo.com/video/requested/dynovid.MOV

Old 03-03-2005, 02:09 AM
12 Second Club

I love my true duals, it is very deep sounding and no drone. Almost stock volume at idle, cruising is just a little louder than stock and WOT is very loud.

I've had people run up from a couple cars back just to ask about the exhaust.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:05 AM
TECH Junkie

I love mine as well, get more compliments with this exhaust than any other I have tried.

Is it loud? Yes.
Does it draw attention from the police? Sure it does.

But it sounds so good I don't mind it.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:38 AM
On The Tree

If they dump under the car, you will experience bad vibrations, that is why I had them run it out the back, and now it is perfect!!!!!
Old 03-03-2005, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I daily drove my duals on a stock cam for 2 months, and loved every minute of it. With the cam the change in the cupholder bounces , and I notice that after I get out of the car that my close smell of exhaust a little. The car is now only a weekend fun car, so the compromises are worth it to me for the sound. At 6000+ she screams. I jumped a buddy of mine in a highway race because I couldn't hear him honking (3rd gear and 4000 rpms). He pulled his A4 TA into second, I heard his rpms come up, and I left.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MachoCamacho
Full-Force, did you have your car dyno tuned or how was it tuned?
no tune, just lt headers and 3" duals ... never had it dynoed
Old 03-03-2005, 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

I love my TSP TDs!!! I have Jet Hot LTs w/ the duals and no cats

loud yes!!! and it is also subtle when around the po-po.

Im lowered too, so ill scap the muffler dumps and the clamps not real bed tho. I watch what roads i go on or the speed that i go now.

I wont trade them for the world.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't know what I'll think, but I ordered Lane's duals today to go with my new QTP headers. I'll let you guys know what I think, but it will be awhile before I can install them since I'm at college.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:41 AM
TECH Regular

I have Lane's TD's with the twisters. It is loud...sounds great. ORDER THEM. Half of the f-bod owners in TX can't be wrong.

Originally Posted by matts22
Did you go with the Flopro twisters? If so, can you post a sound clip after you get them installed? I want to order duals from Lane REALLY soon, but I've only heard a couple clips. Another would be great. Let me know if this is possible. Otherwise, I'm just going to call and order them...maybe even tomorrow or Thursday. Thanks!
Old 03-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Teching In

I have Hooker LT's, 2.5", X-Pipe, No Cats, Dumped Flowmaster 1-Chambered Mufflers and they are awesome. The sound is very loud and deep. Interior vibration was bad until I made sure everything in the cockpit was tied down good and their are no problems. Duals are pretty loud the first few days, but your ears get adjusted to it. My setup does have some drone but I like that stuff plus w/ the windows rolled down you cant hear much at all.

-VortecLS1
Old 03-05-2005, 12:24 AM
On The Tree

I am telling you guys, try the set up I have. True dual X-pipe with 2 Borla ProXS mufflers ran all the way under the axle and out the back. It is DEEP and sounds very good with little rasp. I will post a sounds clip on LS1sounds.com in a few days. I had 2 dynomax bullitts dumped before the axle and it sounded alright very loud but not very deep.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had 3" duals with both Moroso Spiral Flow mufflers and Magnaflow 4x9 mufflers. I loved the sound, it was great, but it wasn't quite what I was expecting from the comments I have seen about duals. They turned out to be a real pain in the ***. They would scrape on everything, vibrate the interior apart, and drone badly at cruise.

I like my current setup way more than the old duals. Now I have dual cutouts on a catted y-pipe. I think it sounds better than duals, is a hell of a lot louder, and now I have decent ground clearence.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:06 AM
TECH Resident

I'm about to change my true duals back to the 4in mufflex setup simply because I want to be able to use a better torque arm setup and I'd like to lower my car alittle.

My true duals scraped on everything and I had to be careful where I went with them. The interior noise and vibration is aweful with the windows up. I like the sound but its just alittle to unrefined for my taste. Plus I'm putting my tsp ms3 cam kit in soon and thats gonna make it even worse.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:46 PM
11 Second Club

I'm happy with the sound, clearence is somewhat to be desired.
but I love the sound, the change in my ash tray rattles now from the exhaust, and hardly any drone at high way cruise.
and my woman says the sound is a sexual experience,
www.boomspeed.com/bharnz/start.mpg
www.boomspeed.com/bharnz/rev.mpg
Old 03-05-2005, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

NOBR8KSS , I completely DISAGREE! I had lanes do my true dual exhaust, and i have not heard any other stock internal f-body sound as good. It is really a preference thing though. I am 20, and love the attention that i get on the street, except from the cops LOL! I am not sure how old NOBR8KSS is, but i would bet that he is more mature, and probably doesn't drive like an a**hole, or downshift at stoplights just to make it bark. As far as performance gains, i don think it has any advantage over say loudmouth setup.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

I love mine! I constantly get compliments, and the power is great!
#s in sign
Old 03-06-2005, 11:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by brienjustin
I am telling you guys, try the set up I have. True dual X-pipe with 2 Borla ProXS mufflers ran all the way under the axle and out the back. It is DEEP and sounds very good with little rasp. I will post a sounds clip on LS1sounds.com in a few days. I had 2 dynomax bullitts dumped before the axle and it sounded alright very loud but not very deep.
This is Exactly what i want to do on hy SS. with center mount Tips, and the kit to go around it on the rear.

I want 3 inch, is your 3 inch?

How do you like it going under the axle, any pics? Does everything work out ok? no hitting the axles or anything stupid like that? I think i will try to callLanes and have him make my true dual with ProXS's on there, and then locally have the exhaust extended out of the rear, will non-mandrel pipes out of the rear be a problem or should i just buy the pipes and then have them fab it up with those?

Thanks
Louie
Old 03-06-2005, 11:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

I got the TSP Duals about two-three months ago, my car is a daily driver, so I defintely have gotten the experience from it. It is loud, but most of the time it doesn't bother me at all (just turn the rado up louder ) it is mainly at acceleration, or at higher rpms, such as being on the highway, etc. It sounds amazing, I get compliments and looks all the time. The reverberation is just sick , and in terms of smell? well, I notice it a lot less now, than when I had an ORY, and catback. That doesn't bother me at all. My car is currently at stock height, and I have great ground clearence, I have never scraped on anything. I have never regretted getting them, and would easily pick it again.

Quick Reply: Do You Liek Your True Duals?