Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do You Liek Your True Duals?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 11:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do You Liek Your True Duals?

I am looking into puttin on the TST True Dual setup. Just wondering how people with true duals feel about the extra noise, vibration, exhaust smell, stuff like that???

thanks in advacne!
Old 03-01-2005, 11:32 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

loud....as....****
Old 03-01-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Resident

great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had many different set up including
slp Y pipe, loud mouth.
cut cats, slp y pipe, loud mouth
back to w/cats, slp y pipe, loud mouth
hooker headers, hooker ORY, loudmouth
hooker headers, kooker ORY, dynomouth.
TOO finally Hookers headers, Hooker ORY, TSP duals......
and they and the best by far......sound, tone , no rasp
Old 03-01-2005, 11:52 AM
TECH Regular

pontiac, your car is gorgeous. I think you just sold me on the raptor hood. Sorry for the off-topic post
Old 03-01-2005, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love my true dual everything about them till I ran them out the back. I am changing out the mufflers to Sweet Thunder this week and doing a couple extra things to it to get it souding right again. You will love the sound of duals I didn't have any complaints the little drone never bothered me and it has a nice deep sound.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:49 PM
TECH Addict

I love the way my car sounds. It's by no means quiet, but it sounds awesome. The first time I fired her up after installing the exhaust (had magnaflow before), I couldn't get over how deep is sounded. The drone really isn't that bad, and is non-existant with the windows rolled down. The best thing, is going WOT. It's a completely different sound than an ORY set-up.

Also, you can notice the smell of gas if you're stopped at a light with the windows down. It doesn't bother me though, I actually kind of like it.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:24 PM
TECH Regular

They do sound great and they are very loud. I had a decent sized cam in my car (FM11 228/230 112) and I had ALL KINDS of vibrations and interior sounds. Also, the fumes get very annoying. I liked the sound and I feel like I gained some midrange power, but that being said, I will never have duals again. And my car isn't even a daily driver. Its really a personal preferance and what you like though.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the TD's and Pacesetter LT's and love the setup. Loud, deep, great sounding exhaust. I haven't experienced any problems with exhaust fumes except when pulling into my garage and that is just for a moment or so until I pass out. The only exhaust that sounds better or as good IMO is gmmg.

Last edited by Joker; 03-03-2005 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my TSP duals except for the interior noise. Once I get em extended I think Ill be 100% happy with them.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I love mine. I have never ever gotten the smallest wiff of any exhaust smell in my car, even when sitting at a light with the windows down. Maybe that will change when I swap out the cam.

As far as loud. I can only speak for cars that I have actually heard that switched from y pipe setups to duals (TSP) and the duals are quieter. Now they may be louder in the car since they are dumped but the whole sound of it is mellower and quieter. At WOT the duals go into pro mod mode!
Old 03-01-2005, 08:00 PM
On The Tree

Im installing them this weekend, so hopefully I will like them!

My friend has some, and thats what spawned me to get them. His are dumped like mine will be, the only problems I see:
No tips out back (looks a little weird on a T/A)
Smell, its not too bad though, and you get use to it

The sweet sound is worth it though, with headers no rasp, and you can hear them from a block away. They are magnificent!
Old 03-01-2005, 08:21 PM
TECH Resident

I have a copy of the tsp rumbler except with 12" bullets insted of 18s and pacesetter LTs. Sounds great vibrates everything inside and outside the car but it dosent bother me. The smell isnt to bad. But its all worth it when ya go wot and it sounds like a A-Bomb just exploded under your ***
Old 03-01-2005, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cefiro
Im installing them this weekend, so hopefully I will like them!

My friend has some, and thats what spawned me to get them. His are dumped like mine will be, the only problems I see:
No tips out back (looks a little weird on a T/A)
Smell, its not too bad though, and you get use to it

The sweet sound is worth it though, with headers no rasp, and you can hear them from a block away. They are magnificent!
Did you go with the Flopro twisters? If so, can you post a sound clip after you get them installed? I want to order duals from Lane REALLY soon, but I've only heard a couple clips. Another would be great. Let me know if this is possible. Otherwise, I'm just going to call and order them...maybe even tomorrow or Thursday. Thanks!
Old 03-01-2005, 09:28 PM
12 Second Club

Full-Force, did you have your car dyno tuned or how was it tuned?
Old 03-01-2005, 10:56 PM
9 Second Club

I love my TSP true duals, would not change a thing at any price.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

I have a true dual set up running under the axle and out the back with 2 Borla ProXS mufflers right before the rear axle, it sounds unbelievable, so many compliments!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2005, 12:59 AM
Launching!

I have TSP true duals. The sound is great. I don't have any problems with fumes in the car unless you are stopped with the heat or A/C on.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:19 AM
11 Second Club

My duals, with 12" bullets, and dumping at the side, make mothers hold their children just a little bit closer.....
Old 03-02-2005, 06:27 AM
11 Second Club

I like my true duals. I like them a lot more now that they are extended out the back.

They sound awesome.

I didn't really have much vibration when they were dumped and now it is out the back and nothing even attempts to vibrate.

I never smelt the fumes

Originally Posted by petekc
I am looking into puttin on the TST True Dual setup. Just wondering how people with true duals feel about the extra noise, vibration, exhaust smell, stuff like that???

thanks in advacne!
Old 03-02-2005, 07:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I'll play devil's advocate here....

I have had x-pipe duals with Magnaflow Magnapacks for about the last year or more. I drive my car everyday to and from work and even take it on the occasional trip....at least I used to.
The duals sounded great at WOT and they seemed to make good power...approximately 340 rwhp and 340 rwtq with my MAC headers and stock PCM tuning.
This weekend I am finishing up removing the duals and installing a Hooker cat-back and a custom MAC y-pipe with the Flowmaster collector which I installed using mandrel bends. There is no 2 3/4" connector at the intermediate pipe, so this will be a true 2.5" to 3" system. We'll see how the power curve looks on it....again with stock tuning.
The reason I am switching back to a y-pipe is the the vibration, the noise level, the exhaust fumes, and the ground clearance. My duals were built by Lane so they were a pretty decent setup, but there were just too many compromises to make to get that sound.
I heard my car driving away at normal throttle and it really didn't sound that good. Kind of gurgly...not smooth at all.

Again, WOT....great. Daily driving kind of kills it though. Just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Do You Liek Your True Duals?