Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kooks and corsa no go?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 08:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Kooks and corsa no go?

I spent hours last night trying to get my kooks ORY and Corsa catback to line out and it just is not working. it has the I pipe in a bind agenst the tunnel do you have to cut out both reducers and build a ext.? (reducers as in the reduction in pipe size to mate up with the factory Y or fact. cat back) the corsa been on the car for a while Im doing headers and ory now. the Y just dosent seem to be working well. I was planning on taking it to an exh shop later and have them cut the pipe before the reducers and make an ext. Next If I go ahead and cut the corsa and y do I cut the corsa before the bend in the I pipe or after (by the reducer for the Y) thanks for any help
Old 03-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Sweet Cheeks

It's possible that Kooks gave you a defective Y pipe. I've been sent a defective headers before. It should be a snap. I'd call someone before you go hacking it up. That's an expensive setup. Trust me, I know.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:02 PM
12 Second Club

I had a hell of a time getting my Kooks ORY to fit with my SLP Dual/Dual stock from the factory. I still doesn't fit well and is a real PITA to take on and off, I am going to have FLP make me a custom mandral bent one this spring.

BTW: You'd have better luck in the External engine section with this topic.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:25 PM
10 Second Club

Call first! Sounds like a bad Y-pipe
Old 03-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Teching In

I called a few hours ago. the lady I talked to told me she would have someone call me back in a little while. Dam I want to cut it anyway why have 3in exh. and couple them together with 2 3/4 pipe? I just dont know if it will fit if I cut it and have a stright piece made to tie them together? I dont have a shop around that has a mand. bender.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had the same problem with my Pacesetter ORY and Corsa Exhaust system. I took it to a shop around me and they told me that when you get two different brands they barely ever line up right, I had to have a custom I-pipe made from the Y-pipe to the over the axle pipe and had to settle for one that is only 2 1/2" casue that is all the bigger the shop was able to bend but this summer as soon as the snow melts I plan on finding a place that can make me a 3" one. Hope you find something that works for you but this is my $.02 worth.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:07 PM
10 Second Club

Sounds like the Y-pipe may have the wrong angle if it's hitting the tunnel, just may be defective. It is pushed all the way into your headers right?
Old 03-11-2005, 12:08 AM
Teching In

The Y was off, it was all the way in on the headers, and after the y where the pipes come together into one it angeled tward the pass side of the car slighty. The corsa cat back of witch worked fine on the factory y also had a bend 10in from the end where it connects to the Y it angeled twards the pass side also. But its fixed now I cut the corsa before the bend in it and cut the reducer off the Kooks Y and had a 3in stright coupler made about 15in long. It went together fine like that no binding at all. now I have to get a diff. tunnel brace. (Also on a convertably the kooks Y wont work with the factory tunnel x brace it wouldnt even come close to going on.) This stuff cost to much to have to make it work.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

i am putting headers from kooks. i will be using their headers their cats which are from magnaflow and the kooks y-pipe. i have the corsa exhaust system on my car. i called kooks and they said as long as it is a 3" system it will work fine. you might have a bad y-pipe. it has happened before. before you cut anything call first so you won't foid any warranty. it should work fine. good luck.