Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

true duals with ebay headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default true duals with ebay headers

Hey guys, i just got in my ebay XS stainless steel headers , i was wondering if the texas speed true duals would slip right in or would i have to modify it a little. any advice would be appreciated, Thanx!
Old 08-01-2006, 06:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

How do those look..welds good??..much slag inside.???
Old 08-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Man these headers look real good, there flawless!!(Literally) Welds are perfect. After seeing people on here purchasing them and installing them i thought id scoop up a pair for myself before the price goes up or they stop selling them. Ill post picks as soon as i get them on my computer. Seller does good business too, shipping only took 4 days to get here. Cant wait to get them on but i want to put the x-pipe setup on them. I dont really want to go y,cat-back. Best bang for the buck.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Who did you purchase those headers from ssautocorme or powerboost 29. Just currious because there are two brands listed. thanks
Old 08-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Restricted User

I'm just finishing up putting mine on my car, they fit like ****. I wouldnt recommend them to anyone. My car was a virgin also, first mod to it. Out of all of the installs i've done, this is by far the worst fitting header yet, besides the SLP's...

Mine are rubbing on the K-member like no other. For the driverside, i had to remove the steering and the little T above the oil filter and then hit them up in with my hand...
Old 08-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Teching In

I bought them from powerboost29, as far as fitment goes you probably need to trim the k-member and the little piece off the block and your set. even though you need to do a little triming these are the best headers for the price, 321 stainless for $350 shipped, its worth it!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:14 PM
Restricted User

You're right, they hit on the block too.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Dude, if you have to trim something OFF THE BLOCK to get the headers to fit.. that is BAD NEWS!!!! Of all the things you don't want to do, it's got to be cutting/grinding the block to get a header to fit.

Sounds like as usual..... you get what you pay for.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Teching In

its a piece on the block that has no purpose, it was for the assembly line for when the car was being made, no big deal. but i guess different people have different opinions on how and what they do when their modifying their vehicle.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Restricted User

Make sure that you put the pass. side 02 in before you bolt the header up. It rubs the trans a little bit...
Old 08-01-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

NBM2001Z28-I'm just finishing up putting mine on my car, they fit like ****. I wouldnt recommend them to anyone. My car was a virgin also, first mod to it. Out of all of the installs i've done, this is by far the worst fitting header yet, besides the SLP's...

Mine are rubbing on the K-member like no other. For the driverside, i had to remove the steering and the little T above the oil filter and then hit them up in with my hand...
Old 08-01-2006, 10:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I ordered mine the 28th. I got an email from them saying they are on vacation, so no communication till Aug.5th. Although it said they will ship in a timely manner(within 2 business days of my payment clears). I guess I'm waiting because paypal hasn't cleared it yet. It should clear by Aug. 2 it said. Anyways, their last names are Lane. Would they by any chance have anything to do with these Lane's true duals I hear about all the time?
Old 08-02-2006, 01:14 AM
Teching In

I ordered mine from ss autochrome. The welds are real nice. I did have to trim the k member and the little casting piece on the block. However if you read the threads about installs from pacesetter or any other header maker most of them have the same issues. Nice headers and fast shipping.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:40 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I cant wait till these headers hit rock bottom. Lets keep the real sponsors and manufacturers in business on this site. Down with these crap-*** headers.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:53 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
I cant wait till these headers hit rock bottom. Lets keep the real sponsors and manufacturers in business on this site. Down with these crap-*** headers.
i don't like your attitude... money seems to always win though
Old 08-02-2006, 02:07 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RrCoX22
i don't like your attitude... money seems to always win though
Yeah. It is 6 of one half dozen another. I just don't want everyone to get screwed and cry about it later on.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:47 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Yeah. It is 6 of one half dozen another. I just don't want everyone to get screwed and cry about it later on.
true... well from all the posts so far they damn well SHOULD know what they're getting into
Old 08-02-2006, 04:45 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

problem is that people will see a guy's car at a car show or the track or a club meet or whatever, and say "yeah, I"m gonna have to get a set" They will ask where they got them and what they paid, and people will hear 700 bucks for QTPs or kooks or whatever.... and they will be thinking " I'll shop around and see what I can find, gotta be a cheaper option" ON goes teh computer, and strait to ebay.. next thing you know "look what I found!!" They buy them, not even knowing about this site, or the troubles with them... until after tehy have them in hand, and are trying to install them, and are having problems. Then they go looking around on the net for install advise/help.... that kinda thing happens all the time.

As I said, you get what you pay for. My qtp's went on my car in early 2002, back before they even started the hvmc's, it was that long ago. They fit like a glove then, and still do, and there's no rust, no leaks, welds have all held up great, all that. Not saying that you have to buy qtp's, but if you want a quality part, you are gonna pay for it, wether it be headers, brakes, pistons, anything really.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:54 AM
Teching In

Theres plenty of other threads going around about these headers on how they install, fit, or perform. The only question im asking is if the TSP true duals would bolt right up or if anybody has used an x-pipe setup with these headers?
Old 08-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by BLKWS6rt
Theres plenty of other threads going around about these headers on how they install, fit, or perform. The only question im asking is if the TSP true duals would bolt right up or if anybody has used an x-pipe setup with these headers?
Sorry about that, Didnt mean to steal your thread... TTT for you