Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 08:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A little help please!!!

Hey guys,
This is whats going on. I changed my headers full exhaust, sparkplug wires and put in a new tranny. The problem is that the car is turning off when rolling, so I have to put it on neutral and turn the car back on. Its turning off very often, I really dont know why.!! What do you all think is the problem, could it be that a sparkplug wire isnt on right??? Or what do you'll think??? My car is a 2000 trans am ram air Ws-6 and. I did discontinue one of the egr's on the passanger side, so what can it be???????
Old 05-09-2005, 11:02 AM
12 Second Club

Default just a little help or opinions, please!!!

hello can anyone help me??????
Old 05-09-2005, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

How does the car idle? Any SES light? What do you mean you discontinue one of the EGR's on one side? You you mean oxygen sensors? You should have 2 in front and 2 in back unless you have o2 sims in back. Could be a wire make sure none are hitting a header or its clipped on all the way. It does sound like something else. Need more info.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:36 AM
12 Second Club

Default hey

well on a 2000 trans am on the passenger side it has the egr thats connected to the header, (thats the one I discontinued), The SES light came out and the cars idle is at 500 to 600 rpms. Havent checked the spark plug wires probably thats it. The last two on the passenger are a bitch to put in, those are the ones that bug me.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Kk was just making sure we were on the same thing here. Only 1 egr connection is on the car (have same year car). Rolling shutdowns is a tuff one. Make sure you feel or hear the click. Make sure you didnt pull a vaccum line out on the driver side and didnt plug it back in.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:09 PM
12 Second Club

yeah man, hopefully its that. Im going to check everything out when I get home but just wondering what you'll thought about the whole thing!! I just want to feel how the car runs with all the goodies that I put on it. But that thing is just getting in the way. Thanks man I will check it out. Do you think that the egr cancellation has to do something with it?? I also have the hypertech for my car so I can cancel all the codes but would this help?
Old 05-09-2005, 12:26 PM
On The Tree

No the EGR wont have anything to do with it as long as all the old holes are capped and plugged. Did you remove the AIR system also? Dont think the hypertech will cancel the codes out. You need them removed perm from the ecm. Is you car auto or manual? You dont state.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:43 PM
12 Second Club

my car is an a4 the air system is still on there. I just cancelled the egr. Should I cancel the air also?
Old 05-09-2005, 01:45 PM
On The Tree

cancel the air also. No point of keeping if egr gone. Just buy the block off plates to the headers.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:29 PM
12 Second Club

since i dont have the things to cancel them right now, will that cause a big problem? Or I guess can I leave the air system for a while?
Old 05-09-2005, 04:05 PM
TECH Resident

this "cancel" and "discontinue" wording is weird. Why not say remove or delete. lol. Sorry just lurking...

Old 05-10-2005, 10:35 AM
12 Second Club

Default problem solved

Hey guys, well thanks for everything like I said, I checked everything (wires. spark plugs, grounds, etc.) Part of the problem was the spark plug wires were kinda loose, one spark plug was cracked in half and all of the spark plugs were wasted!!! So put in the new spark plugs (took me like 2hrs.) , put the wires on made the two clicks and my hypertech did delete the codes (which were the back o2 sensors) and tried it out. My setup feels like I have lost some torque but you can feel the horsepower alot more than before. It does burn the nittos (drag) all of 1st gear , hopefully it gained a good amount of power. Thanks for everything guys.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:00 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by EDALVA21
Part of the problem was the spark plug wires were kinda loose, one spark plug was cracked in half and all of the spark plugs were wasted!!!
that'll do it! Glad you got it resolved. Rolling shutdown=no good.

Brad
Old 05-10-2005, 12:50 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks man, glad I found the problem before anything major happened!!!