Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Results For Pacesetter And TSP Catted Y-PIPE

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 03:37 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great results man! I'm glad to hear the setup worked well for you! I've seen the combo pickup 20rwhp before. Typically we see only a couple more with the off-road setup on basic bolt on cars!!
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 05-13-2005, 01:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice runs for your mods, i think i will now go ahead and order the tsp cat y for my car. Quick tip have a muffler shop weld in one or more "hangars" that have a rubber flex between them. it stops the banging and the rubber absorbs most of the vibration so it all runs smooth inside the cabin. jason does all hardware like clamps and instructions come with the catted y and what type of cats are they?
Old 05-15-2005, 03:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by loudpipes
how did you route your spark plug wire so that it doesn't touch the egr hookup tube on the header?? because i have a misfire on the #4 cyclinder and my tuner and i think that's heating the spark plug wire and causing it to misfire.thanks.
Had the same problem here on my 01. If you route the wire under it touches the header tube, bring it around and it rests on the EGR tube. I wish I would have just gone with the non-emissions style headers, plug access would be alot better. Anyway I also have MSD wires, I just put some spark plug sleeving on it. Unfortunately MSD does not make a universal set of wires for the LS1 but I contacted them and they said they would send me a longer wire free of charge. I asked for 3" longer than the LS1 wire, haven't got in it in the car yet but I'm sure it will be more than enough to clear the tube.

One option is if you ordered the wire in bulk and thier flexible angle boots for plug ends, I'm not sure but I think you can use the LT1 optispark style boots on the coil end.