Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed my TSP Rumbler Exhaust . . .

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 06:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just installed my TSP Rumbler Exhaust . . .

And OMFG is it LOUD ! I LOVE the flow but damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn im gonna get a ticket for it being so loud . Looks like its time for some high flow cats . There is also a nasty rasp around 2K-2500 RPMS . I feel sorry for anyone having to be behind me , its gotta be bursting thier eardrums !

to keep this on topic , anyone know the carsound part number for thier highest flowing cat ?

Thanks

Joe
Old 05-12-2005, 12:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I love my TSP Rumbler as well. What tips did you get because when I first got it I did not have tips and it ended about 3 or 4 inches before the back of the car and it was loud inside with a bad drone. But I put the oval tips from TSP once they came in and the drone and interior loudness went away. But I am glad you like it, nice choice.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nick D
I love my TSP Rumbler as well. What tips did you get because when I first got it I did not have tips and it ended about 3 or 4 inches before the back of the car and it was loud inside with a bad drone. But I put the oval tips from TSP once they came in and the drone and interior loudness went away. But I am glad you like it, nice choice.
that's good to know...i still haven't gotten the tips on mine...they don't come out the back of the car with the factory ground effects on...i need to have somebody bend the pipes a little bit to run the tips under the ground effects
Old 05-12-2005, 08:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

I got the smoked Ractive oval tips . Looks awesome ! I love it with the windows rolled up , but when they are down man is it LOUD ! I can hear my radio and talk on my cellphone so maybe im getting old or something .
Old 05-12-2005, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

yup.. I love my TSP Rumbler. bought it during the xmass special for $200 without tips. I painted the entire exhuast system with a couple coats of black paint. I left it without tips until I realised the exhaust was making a mess of my rear bumper ao I clamped on a couple 2.5" turndowns. I'm not all concerned with what Tips I have on the car just wanted a good inexpensive and loud exhaust.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my Rumbler put on about 2 weeks ago, pleasantly surprised that it wasn't overbearingly loud @ idle, a nice mellow rumble,and it really snarls @ WOT, it does have some drone between 1800 & 2k rpm, but nothing turning up the radio won't solve.
I must be getting used to it or something I don't even find it too loud with the windows down
Got it for ~$234 shipped, and without tips.
If you're looking for an inexpensive cat back that sounds good and is dirt simple to install, this would be a good one to put at the top of your list
BTW everyone at work thinks it sounds sweet
Old 05-12-2005, 06:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a bad rasp at around 2k - 2500 rpms . I guess its rasp , kinda sounds like a very loud trumpet belting out a low blast . Very sharp sound on the edges . then after about 2500 - 2700 rpms , it goes back to sounding good . I dont have cats though , I think that may be my rasping problem .
Old 05-12-2005, 08:36 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah, I know exactly what sound you are talking about between 2-3k I am kind of disappointed that it only has 2.5" tailpipes. Seeing how I called and asked if it was a 3" exhaust and they said yes. I did get a lid and rumbler for $329 shipped though.

TONY
Old 05-12-2005, 09:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by toneloc12345
Yeah, I know exactly what sound you are talking about between 2-3k I am kind of disappointed that it only has 2.5" tailpipes. Seeing how I called and asked if it was a 3" exhaust and they said yes. I did get a lid and rumbler for $329 shipped though.

TONY

**** you did good man . Im gonna get cats the first of next month so I will getting rid of that sound in short order .
Old 05-12-2005, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sixvi6-camaro
yup.. I love my TSP Rumbler. bought it during the xmass special for $200 without tips. I painted the entire exhuast system with a couple coats of black paint. I left it without tips until I realised the exhaust was making a mess of my rear bumper ao I clamped on a couple 2.5" turndowns. I'm not all concerned with what Tips I have on the car just wanted a good inexpensive and loud exhaust.
**** man wish i would have seen that deal