Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASP Pulley Install - Pics Too!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 05:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ASP Pulley Install - Pics Too!

Well, just got the pulley on there. Went pretty smooth. A couple of tips:

-Get a breaker bar and a long piece of pipe to get the old crank bolt out. I did this and got it off in 10 minutes!

-the 5 ton 2/3 jaw puller from sears is just the right lengh & size. Use a socket as a spacer to get the last half of the stock pulley off.

-I torqued the new bolt with a 250lb-ft torque wrench. The only damn way to get to the higher torque values was to press on the wrench with my foot, and "leg press" the wrench. lol.

-I got a realtively new ASP pulley (May 05) and it slid on with no problem, allowing me to get 3-4 threads of the old bolt, so that I could safely use it to seat the ASP pulley.
Attached Thumbnails ASP Pulley Install - Pics Too!-pulley_compare.jpg   ASP Pulley Install - Pics Too!-asp1.jpg   ASP Pulley Install - Pics Too!-asp2.jpg  
Old 05-14-2005, 05:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI: The new crank bolts are supposed to be stretched into place, something like 110*. I didn't get 110* on mine, maxed out my torque wrench at 250 lb-feet and figured it was on there pretty good. lol
Old 05-14-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey, thanks for the heads up, but I had an ARP one so I didn't do the angle measurement