Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Removal Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Air Removal Question

I was removin the air hoses off of my 02 trans am an there is a housin on the back of the head that all three hoses run to an i was curious what this was i couldnt pulll the hoses off of this housing so i was wonderin wut should i do
Old 05-27-2005, 08:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by redtransam02
I was removin the air hoses off of my 02 trans am an there is a housin on the back of the head that all three hoses run to an i was curious what this was i couldnt pulll the hoses off of this housing so i was wonderin wut should i do
It is mounted on a bracket on the back of the head. It slides out of the bracket by pulling up on it. The tiny tube on top you pull off and plug with a screw. To be honest I could not figure out how to get it off - I got mad and grabbed one of the hoses and pulled as hard as I could.....that works too.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

lol i pulled pretty dang hard on it an it wouldnt budge is there somethin plugged in to the bottom of it or is it kinda tied to that bracket with some plugs of some sort or somethin it wouldnt budge
Old 05-27-2005, 09:04 PM
TECH Regular

I just did this a couple of weeks ago - it was tough but it just popped off. It is part of the AIR system - you do not need it.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

aight i will try in the mornin again an see if i can get it to budge lol thanks for the info an how many bolts are holdin the bracket on that way i can look for the other one
Old 05-27-2005, 09:12 PM
TECH Regular

I didn't remove any bolts on the bracket. I bent the bracket away from the back of the engine to get the valve cover off (to do the spring swap) but did not remove any screws. The valve you are talking about - I don't know its technical name - slides down into the bracket from the top - if you pull straight up on it it should pop off. There is not much room to work with in there is there?

Surely there is someone here with a more technical way to describe this - I am just offering "moral support" because I had no idea what I was doing - I just stumbled my way through - but all is well and there is nothing like the feeeling of doing it yourself!
Old 05-27-2005, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

no there isnt much room an havin big hands doesnt make it any easier lol, an yea it does feel good when u do somethin urself, but i will give it a try an see if i can pull that piece off tomorrow give it a lil more muscle lol appreciate the help man
Old 05-27-2005, 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Why not just remove the bolts on the bracket? I need to pull mine off. And what casey says is true it just slides up. Mine has play in it and it can move up and down. If I give it a good pull it should pop out.