Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WS6 True Duals (pics) - After axle mufflers, Ceramic, XPipe (re-posted)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

5 years and no sound clip.

Son, I am disappoint.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by X-ray
5 years and no sound clip.

Son, I am disappoint.
Sorry, there won't be any sound clip? I tried a couple years ago and the audio clip was laughable. It had little resemblence to standing behind or around the car. Years ago I listened to a few along with the actual cars and realized they are nothing like the real thing. My experiment proved this. Unless set up like a sound studio, it doesn't give a true reflection of the sound. Not to mention the speaker system of who's listening to it.

Also, I've burned through 3 sets of cats and didn't want to post that sound. It wouldn't have been accurate to the pics. The current set is blown out as well. The infamous local "expert" shop on LS1 cars did a poor tune (twice) and it ran very rich for some time. This caused the cats to burn up. That tune is fixed, but have yet to replace the cats again. Other than that, the exhaust has been solid and I still have the car.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome to hear you still have it. I'm lowered 1.5" but with the oval piping I think I'd be fine.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Staging Lane

That is the most metrosexual exhaust I've ever seen on an Fbody. Small pipe diameter and huge mufflers(with Euro tips), I bet it sounds gay. I give you props on the looks, quality, and craftmanship but I'm willing to bet there is no "throatyness" to it. Hence why you are scared to post a sound clip. Hell, we all know no sound clip will match how it sounds in person.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good, id change my CME for that set-up
Old 07-04-2012, 09:45 AM
TECH Resident

Subscribing to a very old thread

This exhaust is very sweet. I wanna do the dual over axel with a h pipe tho
Old 08-06-2013, 06:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very old thread I know, but it looks like one could easily boil their brake fluid with the brake line over the axle on the driver side…
Old 01-31-2014, 08:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
Very old thread I know, but it looks like one could easily boil their brake fluid with the brake line over the axle on the driver side…
Good eye. However, heat rises - the brake lines are in front of the pipe, not above it. Both brake lines are about 2.5" from the pipe and are encased in heat reflective protective metal tubes that can be seen in the last 2 pictures. Additionally, the exhaust pipes are ceramic coated INside and OUTside which forces most all the heat out the exhaust tips.

You'd be surprised how little heat is created by the pipe in this brake line area...and hot the exhaust gas that comes out the muffler tips. Potential heat issues have been tested several times, a few design changes. Now there are absolutely no potential problems.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:28 AM
11 Second Club

This is awesome. Nice job OP, I'm going to have to do this later down the road
Old 02-15-2017, 05:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,435 Likes on 995 Posts

Mark, I think your true dual set up looks fantastic and was way ahead of the curve in 2005. Thanks for sharing and explaing the details. Like many others, I would like to hear your set up.

Very sharp looking car!

Quick Reply: WS6 True Duals (pics) - After axle mufflers, Ceramic, XPipe (re-posted)