Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

baffless/bg ram air mod.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 03:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default baffless/bg ram air mod.

allright ive taken out hthe baffles of mycar, awile ago, and now im thinking of getting a bg kit to seal to the air box..but this puts baffles back in, i amtrying to keep a nice underhood appearance, what woudl be the best recommended way of sealing the air box?
Old 07-13-2005, 03:49 PM
TECH Resident

my BGRA doesnt have any baffles just a straight wide open shot sealed to the airbox.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

yeah? maybe i am best off getting that them, would take away the not so smooth sides of the opening, i figured the bg still restricts airflow a little mroe thna a comepltly open one woud*shrugs* everyone makes misconceptions fomr time to time
Old 07-13-2005, 06:47 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you take the actual baffle out, or just the nostril grills? The BGRA kit removes the actual baffle, and provides a gasket to seal directly to the air box from the hood. It also comes with corner nostrils, which clean up the area where the stock honeycomb nostril grills mount.

It's an expensive setup @ $300 or so bucks. But if you're getting rid of the baffle and nostril grills it's the only way to go.

Rob
Old 07-13-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Resident

the baffles are gone, i have the nose grills in there too,a dn would like to keep them, for looks. can said kit still beused with the grills or dot hey have to be removed?
Old 07-13-2005, 07:01 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cephiros
the baffles are gone, i have the nose grills in there too,a dn would like to keep them, for looks. can said kit still beused with the grills or dot hey have to be removed?
Yeah I don't see why not. I really like the way it looks without them though. The pieces included with the kit make it look factory.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

good good, i guess il be getting it