Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: GmmG or Bassani?
GMMG
87.23%
Bassani
12.77%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Bassani Or GMMG Cat-Back?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 10:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bassani True Duals with X-pipe. It will net you way more power than the gmmg and is about the same price. I dunno how much everyone has paid for a gmmg system but i have seen it listed at most sights (not through group purchases) for over $700 with the premium oval tips. Granted ive heard the GMMG in person and its a very nice sounding system i just couldnt justify paying that much for sound. I enjoy a loud system, which i why i went with the slp lm, and i got it brand new for $290 online. Its stainless steel and sounds absolutely evil on stock exhaust manifolds. With my mac midlengths and catted y-pipe it soounds even better. There is drone at low rpms so if your looking for a quiet system the SLP LM is not the way to go because it is only good if you want a loud and nasty sounding exhaust. I have only heard clips of the bassani duals but from what ive heard they are extremly nice sounding and for $700 where else can you get a true dual system all the way out to the rear bumper that bolts on without having to be fabbed up by a custom exhaust shop? Im eventually ditching the SLP LM for the bassani dual system when I get my cam as the LM will be too loud and id like the extra HP from the duals so if your goin for maximum power and a real nice sounding system get the bassani duals. Thats just my opinion though, good luck with whatever system you choose!
Old 08-20-2005, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going with the Bassani true duals too. A few hundred or so more than the GMMG for Bassani's stainless steel version ($950) or Bassani also has an alumized version for about the same price as a GMMG ($780). To me, it'd be worth it to spend that $150 or so for the true duals. Not only are they great sounding, but produce nice power too!
Old 08-21-2005, 12:03 PM
12 Second Club

well GMMG is and has been the best for me until something I think is better comes along--andrew
Old 09-22-2005, 11:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BAD2000TA
Sorry, dude, but those tailights belong on some crapped-out Honda Civic. Where'd you steal those from?!?!? It ain't rice, yo.
Holy ****! This is THE dumbest thing I've read in a long time. Lots of brand new cars are coming with clear/Euro taillights. They originated in Europe, rice originated in the US. Get a clue, yo.

Besides, his lights look badass!
Old 09-24-2005, 01:37 AM
TECH Resident

Gmmg Ftw!
Old 10-04-2005, 08:31 AM
12 Second Club

I didn't even read what everyone else has said, but I hope everyone has said GMMG baby.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Addict

GMMG for sound, Bassani duals for performance, take your pick.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Exactly how much power does the Bassani duals make over the GMMG? I guess it can't be all that much since the majority of you guys went with GMMG, but I'm just curious. Also, how much power did you guys gain by going with each system?
Old 10-04-2005, 11:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

where is a good place to get the bassani true dual setup for the best price? pm a link to me plz because I plan on replacing my entire exhaust system within 3-4 weeks!
Old 10-04-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Allergik2dyin
Exactly how much power does the Bassani duals make over the GMMG? I guess it can't be all that much since the majority of you guys went with GMMG, but I'm just curious. Also, how much power did you guys gain by going with each system?
Well most catbacks only add about 5rwhp, so if your choosing just a catback then the GMMG is up there with the rest. However, true duals usually add approx 15-20rwhp. Its not a whole lot when done on stock exhaust manifolds and a stock engine but as you begin to mod your car more (cam, heads, headers, etc) the amount the true duals will add increases. Most people go with catbacks because they want tips out the back, not dumped at the rear axles like most true dual systems. However, the bassani system came out fairly recently (the reason why not a whole lot of people have it) and it is a true dual system that will bolt up and is run out the back over the rear axles, so you have tips coming out the rear of the car. The system is around $780 and if you want power comparisons i believe there are dyno graphs on davinci high performance (a sponsor so their link should be on the right of the home page for the forum) as they are the ones who produce the bassani system and sell it. Again the GMMg is an excellent system and sounds awesome, but the basani is gonna sound real good too and will provide more performance.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:33 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by hardcorebob
where is a good place to get the bassani true dual setup for the best price? pm a link to me plz because I plan on replacing my entire exhaust system within 3-4 weeks!
http://vincihighperformance.com/superwebdeals.HTML
$949.00 for stainless
$779.00 for aluminized
Old 10-04-2005, 02:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Allergik2dyin
don't know about GMMG. but here's my dyno when i swapped from borla w/small open plate to bassani tru-duals:

Old 10-05-2005, 11:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Here are some pics of the system on our forums directly from bassani that I requested:

http://www.afbforums.com/index.php?showtopic=16602

mrr23- thanks for the link bro! I do appreciate it!
Old 10-05-2005, 11:36 AM
TECH Addict

Nice graph, and yea thats pretty badass, 15rwhp and 15 rwtq going from a borla open plate, which is an excellent flowing system, to the bassani true duals, def worth it over the gmmg IMO. I gotta ditch my slp lm soon and get one of your systems MRr23!
Old 10-05-2005, 03:49 PM
10 Second Club

Here are some pics of the system on our forums directly from bassani that I requested:

http://www.afbforums.com/index.php?showtopic=16602

mrr23- thanks for the link bro! I do appreciate it!
those pics are from the first car they mocked it up on at their shop. click either link in my sig for more pics of it installed on both of my cars. here's a pic of it laid out on the floor of my shop.

Old 10-11-2005, 12:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mrr23
those pics are from the first car they mocked it up on at their shop. click either link in my sig for more pics of it installed on both of my cars. here's a pic of it laid out on the floor of my shop.

Does the piping that goes over the rear end ever hit when you go over bumps? Any side weird sounds or side effects after installation? Just curious, where did you buy yours at and did you get the aluminized or SS?
Old 10-11-2005, 09:47 AM
TECH Addict

I believe mrr23 either works for or owns vinci high performance, and I believe they are the only ones who sell the bassani system as they are the ones who created it. As for the other questions about fitment id PM him and im sure he will let you know.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:29 PM
10 Second Club

Does the piping that goes over the rear end ever hit when you go over bumps? Any side weird sounds or side effects after installation? Just curious, where did you buy yours at and did you get the aluminized or SS?
no. no. got it from www.vincihighperformance.com got stainless steel as that was the only one available at the time.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:33 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
I believe mrr23 either works for or owns vinci high performance, and I believe they are the only ones who sell the bassani system as they are the ones who created it. As for the other questions about fitment id PM him and im sure he will let you know.
i do some product testing for them. i do not work for or own VHP.
you can buy the bassani from any bassani dealer or bassani directly. don't know if you would get a better price from other vendors. bassani created the system. bassani asked vinci if they had someone that could independantly test it for them. i agreed. i was the first to dyno and track test it for them.

if enough people are interested, i can talk with vinci to see about a GP on it.

current pricing is
$949.00 stainless
$779.00 aluminized
Old 10-12-2005, 04:08 AM
TECH Addict

GMMG all the way!

Quick Reply: Bassani Or GMMG Cat-Back?