Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need To Dump Loudmouth

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 02:56 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like my "BorlaMouth" just fine. The XR-1 is a 3" in/out.
I run a 3500 stall w/2.73s so it's hard for me to adjust rpm
s for sound. With an M6, you -should- have no problems. If they are super rough then you might just go ahead with another full catback. I live in a low populated county and they look at me pretty hard, being as I have a Z28 instead of a dump truck exhaust pickup. No hassles bout noise so far, though. (No offense to pickup drivers, I got one too)
Old 09-16-2005, 03:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gwj
s for sound. With an M6, you -should- have no problems. If they are super rough then you might just go ahead with another full catback. I live in a low populated county and they look at me pretty hard, being as I have a Z28 instead of a dump truck exhaust pickup. No hassles bout noise so far, though. (No offense to pickup drivers, I got one too)

yeah i am running the same as you, i only like how it sounds at wot and at idle its pretty quiet at normal driving, maybe its loud and i can't tell cause the lm was crazy loud. the lm w/ lts' sounded really good except for that rasp. i like loud and obnoxious but not retarded. i hear the xr-1 gets louder, is that true? i hope so.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gwj
Thanks for the feedback! I think I'm gonna get the Hooker because it seems quieter than the Dynamax. All I'm going by is what I heard on LS1 Sounds. You give me the impression that the "BorlaMouth" would be louder than the Hooker or Dynamax?

Thanks again.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Addict

I've been beating around the bush, but point blank, what should I go for, the Hooker or Dynamax catback? My situation is documented in this thread.

Thanks.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:47 PM
TECH Resident

i heard good things about the flowmaster? Check into them!
Old 09-17-2005, 01:57 PM
10 Second Club

I welded two bullet mufflers behind my LoudMouth resonator and my car is still very loud.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NXZ28
I welded two bullet mufflers behind my LoudMouth resonator and my car is still very loud.
Thanks for the info!

I ordered a Hooker cat back this morning. I'm hoping it will make a big difference over the LM.