Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which chambered exhaust?
Stainless Works
24.71%
GMMG
75.29%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Stainless Works 'Muscleflow' or GMMG exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 09:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the one on the bottom, no packing, sounds awesome
Old 10-25-2005, 04:08 PM
Teching In

I've read on the internet(so take it as you will) that GMMG gets their exhaust systems from Stainless Works. I'd just get the GMMG and save some money and all the effort to put together the Stainless Works system. I mean....they're pretty much the same ******* thing.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:59 PM
Teching In

Anyone know all whats missing if all you have is the kooks headers and catted y pipe. What else do I need to complete the system for the Stainless works chambered system, that picture sure doesn't look like theres enough pipe to go around the rearend and still make it out to the bumper.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got the one on the top, the 3.5" catback system.

No packing.

Pictures on my site.

Sound is fantastic. I have their headers and 2.5" y-pipe and put down 432hp and 405tq. Plenty of flow for me, catless. Tips fill up the hole real nice.
Attached Thumbnails Stainless Works 'Muscleflow' or GMMG exhaust?-dscf006.jpg  

Last edited by Viper; 10-25-2005 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1-MAN
Anyone know all whats missing if all you have is the kooks headers and catted y pipe. What else do I need to complete the system for the Stainless works chambered system, that picture sure doesn't look like theres enough pipe to go around the rearend and still make it out to the bumper.
yeah there's enough there, it fits from the Y pipe back.

The large muffler fits to the Y pipe, then the bend goes over the axle and the other two mufflers go each side straight out with the tips on the end.

Basically the mufflers are mounted longitudinal instead of transversly (sp??)
Old 10-29-2005, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I recommend GMMG over any other exhaust without any logical reason. I just agree with what everyone else says to sound like I know what I'm talking about. If you notice most ppl routing for a product do the same, or even worse they'll state facts about the other product that arent true and ppl will believe them.

I thought stainless works was 3.5 and GMMG was 3" piping? If so, thats a no brainer. If I'm wrong and theyre both 3" I'd still go with stainless works because it looks like more thought went into the design.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 10-30-2005, 03:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

sorry if that didnt make sense to you redneck, I get very tired of idiotic bandwagon ****, thats all.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

you can have a set of 2.5" duals ran for much less than $700 I had 3" run for under $500 with 1 chamber flows, not mandrel bent though
Old 11-18-2005, 11:24 PM
Banned

614 u better keep that **** on the downlow. Your supposed to be reppin ur homies. I bet it would sound sick though
Old 12-24-2005, 02:18 AM
Launching!

after spending a lifetime at ls1sounds.com, GMMG man, i can't really think of a reason that stainless are more expensive, GMMG are so good
Old 06-29-2006, 02:56 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

c'mon 300bhp/ton...you're one of the smartest guys on LS1tech. the question at hand is a simple one:

-go with a proven winner (GMMG)

-take a chance with stainless works

are you a risk taker? stainless works offers the larger tubing and tips, but will it produce sound as good or better?

we know the GMMG is good, there's no question. just ask yourself if you wanna take a risk on the stainless works. on the upside, you'll be one of the ONLY guys running it so you'll have your own sound. on the downside, it may not be as throaty or distinct as GMMG.

risk taker or safe man? take your pick.

i'm not gonna vote on this one. either way, YOU BETTER RUN CATS!
Old 06-29-2006, 03:54 PM
That's what she said...

Date check Choco.

BTW - I don't like the way GMMG's sound, a little too splatty for my taste.

Two things I have noticed:

1) Some people drop all the cash on the GMMG, get it, find out they don't like it, and don't want to admit it because they dropped way too much cash.

2)99% of the people on here that swing from the GMMG's nuts have never even heard it.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
c'mon 300bhp/ton...you're one of the smartest guys on LS1tech. the question at hand is a simple one:

-go with a proven winner (GMMG)

-take a chance with stainless works

are you a risk taker? stainless works offers the larger tubing and tips, but will it produce sound as good or better?

we know the GMMG is good, there's no question. just ask yourself if you wanna take a risk on the stainless works. on the upside, you'll be one of the ONLY guys running it so you'll have your own sound. on the downside, it may not be as throaty or distinct as GMMG.

risk taker or safe man? take your pick.

i'm not gonna vote on this one. either way, YOU BETTER RUN CATS!
Cheers for the advice

Although its a little late, lol

RISK taker definatly.

Although I didn't actually get either of these exhausts in the end. But when my HP level requires it I'll probably go 3" duals using chambered mufflers like the Stainless Works ones.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Chambered sound the best for sure...heard a couple on P.Tour last year and now I want Chambered also...wish I had never heard it.... BTW 300bhp/ton ..what did you go with.???
Old 06-29-2006, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
Date check Choco.

BTW - I don't like the way GMMG's sound, a little too splatty for my taste.

Two things I have noticed:

1) Some people drop all the cash on the GMMG, get it, find out they don't like it, and don't want to admit it because they dropped way too much cash.

2)99% of the people on here that swing from the GMMG's nuts have never even heard it.
Im swingin from Gmmg's nuts for a reason. Its the best sounding CATBACK I have heard. I heard plenty of combonations with my own ears. Been to many meets and dyno sessions. True duals on the other hand......thats a different ballgame. If I wasnt worried about emissions, id go true duals.

PS. I get plenty of complements after my car is run on the dyno......
Old 06-29-2006, 11:40 PM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by KrazyDan
Im swingin from Gmmg's nuts for a reason. Its the best sounding CATBACK I have heard. I heard plenty of combonations with my own ears. Been to many meets and dyno sessions. True duals on the other hand......thats a different ballgame. If I wasnt worried about emissions, id go true duals.

PS. I get plenty of complements after my car is run on the dyno......
To each his own.

If you're happy with it, that's all that matters.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:13 AM
TECH Addict

Go with the GMMG. From what I know of the Stainless Works, it isn't even a direct bolt-on. Supposed to be and that's what they may tell you, but do a search on it. A couple guys tried it a while back to be pioneers and give the catback a chance. They fit like hell and one guy had to go out and buy more parts so that he could have it custom-made to fit correctly.

Once again, go with GMMG.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:56 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by KrazyDan
If I wasnt worried about emissions, id go true duals.
Duals have ZERO affect on emissions.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:07 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
BTW 300bhp/ton ..what did you go with.???
I actually went with the SLP Loud Mouth.

I listened to it online and it IMO just sounded awesome!!!! After downloading pretty much all of LS1sounds.com the SLP was the meanest most muslce car sounding catback. GMMG had more distintive tone but not as much raw muscle. Also Out of all the LM clips only one or two had a little rasp, the rest where rasp free, even some of the ones with ORY's.

The LM also uses a chambered deflection muffler, it's just doesn't do as much deflecting as the GMMG.

I also got a great deal on the LM as a American car parts place already had on in stock which I managed to buy at substantail discount. It cost less and 1/3 the cost of a GMMG.

Plus it's still stainless steel, superb quality welds and construction. Came with all hangers and clamps and fitted 100% first time. No clonks or bangs and looks great.

I know many shun the LM but I think it is totally unfounded. At idle and part throttle is fantastic sounding. At WOT it just sounds like a muscle car 100% pure beef! It has ZERO rasp.

I'm still running stock headers and cats at present. But I will have to run CATs regardless.

The worst sound the LM makes is if you sit and rev it hard when you're not moving. It still sounds good but it looses some of it sound. This is probably the area least heard but the one people complain about the most.

Get some load on the engine and it's totally different. I know, I've stood outside and got someone else to drive the car for me. And it is mean and DEEP souding, you feel it as much as hear it.

People who say it sounds harsh, raspy and crap must be talking about a different setup to what I have.

Quick Reply: Stainless Works 'Muscleflow' or GMMG exhaust?