Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moved into a new developement and neighbor is complaining about my ride!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah but if you were laying on the gas I could see them getting mad. Maybe someone in the hood has little ones that cry like crazy when they get woke. Who knows.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

My neighbors are pretty good. 2 are cool and dont care about a thing, next door and across the street. But the one on the other side is a douche, I am just waiting for the day that they complain about anything that I do. They even let their dogs crap in my backyard, so before I cut my grass I go out with the shovel and throw the poo in their back yard right outside their door. You think they would figure it out.

There are kids in the neighborhood with dirt bikes and they always go ripping down the street loud as crap. So no one says anything to me as I go through the neighborhood around 1200 rpms. I think a lot of people do drive fast through the neighborhood so I make a point of going 25, the speed limit. One dude thought that was too slow and was doing the freaking nascar weaving in caution behind me. The only thing to do was to slow down, since I was scared... ticked the guy off. A kid got hit in May so speeding around kids = bad. Anyway, neighbors can be tards, so best bet is to keep hte rpms low cause it just insnt worth the hassle.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:27 PM

I want to know how it all works out.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If ya come back in and there standing outside yelling or shaking there head ya out to bust up in there driveway get out as them what there F*#king problem is and slove it right then and there tell them to move to a looney house or something I couldn't tolerate people like that! I would put my fist threw there face and then ask them do they have a problem!
Old 11-11-2005, 08:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got an anonymous (sp?) letter from a neighbor bitching bout my car. They threatened that something might happen to it but it stays in my garage so f@ck them! I'm pretty sure it was one of two women across the street. If I ever figure out who mailed it they're gonna get a letter of their own.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Im kinda lucky cause we live in the first house in the sub division so there is nobody really to bitch, my neighbors seem allright next to me, they care more about their yard than anything but have never bitched about my car.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TA TECH
If ya come back in and there standing outside yelling or shaking there head ya out to bust up in there driveway get out as them what there F*#king problem is and slove it right then and there tell them to move to a looney house or something I couldn't tolerate people like that! I would put my fist threw there face and then ask them do they have a problem!
That's a good way to get jumped by people in the house or the area you can't see, get your *** beat, get shot, get sued or be charged with assault and maybe battery, depending on how it goes. Just an FYI.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:54 AM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

That sucks man, but I can feel your pain. the lady 3 houses down from my always bitches about me 'peeling out' on my street, ****, I can break my tires loose for **** on dry pavement. so all I do is drive past her house in 1st gear with the cutout open. (G5x3 full boltons) I think she is starting to get the idea to **** off. the other day me and some buddies were hosing down the street like a watter box and blowing off out tires in front of my house and she was bitching about the marks. anyway, she is outnumbered big time since my neighbors have a tt viper and a h/c viper along with my car.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:05 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by yak
the other day me and some buddies were hosing down the street like a watter box and blowing off out tires in front of my house and she was bitching about the marks.

No offense but I would've been pissed too. There is a difference between having a loud car and being inconsiderate to your neighbors by doing burnouts out front of your house.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Frosty
No offense but I would've been pissed too. There is a difference between having a loud car and being inconsiderate to your neighbors by doing burnouts out front of your house.

Old 11-12-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Regular

Default bitchy neighbors

some people just have nothing better to do than bitch. About 6 yrs ago when I was in school, I started building my Jeep CJ7 from the frame up, and my dads neighbors would call the cops for bullshit like, the garage light was keeping them awake, or that I was making 2 much noise, and its not like I was running a grinder at 3 in the morning, were talkin like 9 pm. my dad made a good comment to the cops - he told them at least I was at home being constructive and havin fun and not out an about causin trouble, and that shut the cops up.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol I have true duals...and no matter how slow im going down side streets people always yell at me for speeding...

So then I just run open headers and bullets and do late night fly bys and throw my car back in the garage
Old 11-12-2005, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

F!@K them,Too many people are wound up tight these day's,like someone else said, F!@KIN HATERS, I would have a few of my freinds and thier freinds come over to my house with harleys a blaring. I also had the same senario with People using the kid card saying your going too fast when your barley going 10 MPH(their probably too stupid to come up with anything smart to say), TRUST ME I WOULD BE THE FIRST TO WATCH FOR KIDS.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

damn i feel sorry for yall, i live in the south part of town, no one gives a fkk or what anyone else is doin, you hear at about 11 at night mexican music blaring with the subs goin full blast, and other ppl's cars just haulin *** down the street goin about 60 mph down the street, then revs and burnouts, then another car behind another with the sound system setting the car alarm crazy. lol then again i am surrounded with camaro's and mustangs...the whole block actually! no one says anything about anyone else over here, i'm so lucky
Old 11-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Teching In

I know what you mean, the other day I had som lady that doesnt even live on my street bitch at me about slowing down when i was coming around the corner at 25mph!!!! ******* people need to get a life and mind there own ******* bees wax, **** man so just tell them to **** OFF!!!
Old 11-13-2005, 01:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

what u should do is take the car out at 2 in the morning and roast through a set of tires and really **** them off.

-john
Old 11-13-2005, 01:45 AM
On The Tree

You need to let them know you wont **** around...im not talking about beating anyone up either, just let them know you have the same rights as them and you wont play games.

I know a few of my neighbors dont like me, and I let them know I dont care. I had my house built in 1997 and when I moved in meeting neighbors, I could tell who would be a problem. I was asked a few times who I live there with (meaning mom & dad) and I would say my wife and get this look like I was kidding. My neighbors are mostly stuck up POS middle class upper class wannabes....they hated me even more when they found out I make more $$$ then most of them. I keep my house looking as good or better then most around here, so know one has nothing to bitch about...I dont cause trouble but can dish it out...

When I first got my T/A a few neighbors stopped by to BS when I was out commenting on it ( the T/A replaced a sweet 84 Z-28 project I had).....now not all my neighbors are dicks...a guy a few doors down built a nice 86 Camaro for his 18 yo kid ( nice and loud ) 2 houses across the street the guys have some nice Harleys etc.....then comes the guy who is trouble.....we start talking and he says nice car etc. and then reminds me of Joes car ( the 18 yo kid) and says he thinks his exhaust is too loud and he speeds etc. bitching about the kid...then as he leaving he tells me to keep it under 25 ( I dont speed around here ) and I start laughing and tell him " if I feel like it, I'll try to remember that " he gives me a funny look as he walks away....Sunday morning 6am I layed a monster patch in front of his house and pulled into my driveway and washed the car.....he never said a word...he knows it was me.

I dont mess around with people, but this guy deserves it. Most of my neighbors like me and the ones that dont can pound sand. I try to coexist with everyone, but you cant make everybody like you....the ones that dont, let them know you dont care and you dont like them.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hell dude, request your local police dept to place a radar trailer on your street to disprove your speeding. Also check into the local or state noise ordinance in your area and have a copy of it. Just be sure you disregard the noise ordinance thing if you know for sure you are in violation, like I am. Hell motorcycles can be loud as they want, why cant we?????
Old 11-13-2005, 04:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

In addition, look at your homeowners ageement. If the Homeowners Assoc, leaves the term "loud" open-ended, they should loose that battle. It can be loud, but not unreasonable. As long as you can explain that your car is "reasonable" then you should be OK.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

wow i love my neighbors. they dont even get mad when i do dumb **** like blowing up 2 liter bottles with some left over nitrous haha. that does suck though. i'd never move into an association 90% of the time those people are ****** and are allowed to be that way.

Quick Reply: Moved into a new developement and neighbor is complaining about my ride!!!!