Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moved into a new developement and neighbor is complaining about my ride!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is why they start those associations, so they can live with like minded people. You should have checked all that before you moved in.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oohtwo WS6
....Sunday morning 6am I layed a monster patch in front of his house and pulled into my driveway and washed the car.....he never said a word...he knows it was me.

Dick.

Originally Posted by rons 00z
i'd never move into an association 90% of the time those people are ****** and are allowed to be that way.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is crazy! my brother had this happen to him with his cobra. He drives the speed limit even a tad under, this one women comes out screaming to slow down and what not! The thing is the soccer moms in their mini vans need to slow the F down!!! they are always blazing bye at least going 30+ in a 25mph speed limit around the neighberhood. Its the loud deep muscle car exhaust that thinks you are ripping through the hood.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I also hate the way soccer moms drive and then they complain about the way we drive. I believe it is the exhaust that makes them think like that.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Z28_98
like I am. Hell motorcycles can be loud as they want, why cant we?????

they do, they just dont muffle ****.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:40 PM
11 Second Club

One reason motorcycles can be loud is to insure that people in vehicles can hear them and are made aware of their presence.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

most of the time, but when you start driving around the muffled ninja's and other type of sport bikes, all you can hear is their motor, not very loud when you have the windows rolled up and bumping. but driveing around a harley, fkk you feel them hoes!
Old 11-13-2005, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
One reason motorcycles can be loud is to insure that people in vehicles can hear them and are made aware of their presence.
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES !
Old 11-13-2005, 09:10 PM
Launching!

i just dont get it all these old people in my community think that if something is loud that you are going mach 2. ive had these problems with my camaro and my zx6r i am now named the naborhood rebel and get dirty looks whenever im seen. i think i should get a bigger stereo and some cutouts and just sit at the end of the street listening to rap and revving my engine and maby throw in a few burnouts.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=blkZ28spt]

Dick.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Go to walmart, and pick up a value pack of cheap ear plugs, and then pick up a nicer set <2$.
Go to the neighborhood rep or whatever and give him the value pack, tell him to give a set of earplugs to whoever bitches about your car from there on out.
Then, give him the nicer set so that he can't hear the people bitching anymore.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

actually you should just try to talk to them, if they are reasonable there shouldnt be a problem. oh and leave the bikes alone, or are you guys jealous
Old 11-14-2005, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by darrensls1
I'm going to give you some productive advice as opposed to most of the "**** them" and "burn her house down" nonsense I've read in this thread. You may want to try and smooth things over with that neighbor. Or maybe your wife can go and try to have a cup of coffee with her and get some good chit chat going. If you get the neighbor on your side and assure her that you won't speed and will keep RPM's low until you leave the area then she might drop her complaint.

If you just had a car with a loudmouth or GMMG on it then I'd say "**** them" too. But your car is illegal. 110% in violation of a federal law (no cats)as well as probably breaking local sound ordinances (decibal levels). If you push back too hard you might find your car being inspected and fined. Not to mention that you could be forced to move (which might not be the worst thing). I've heard horror stories of people being fined $2000 per cat that was missing. Since I got my LT's and ORY I have treaded very lightly with my neighbors. But then again, I also have a house that has plenty of land between my driveway and my neighbors.

This is just my .02 so take it for what it's worth. Good luck to you sir and I hope this all works out for you.
This is good advice. You should treat your neighbors nice and offer to help them out a couple of times. You do have to live next to them! You might be surprised at the difference it makes. Instead of telling them to "F*ck off", maybe you could have them over for a BBQ and talk about your hobby. Let them know you don't intend to speed through the neighborhood. Offer to help them with some yard work or something. Get involved with the community rather than trying to be the black sheep.
I've lived in my neighborhood for about 5 years and my neighbors range from mid 20s up to about 80s. We all talk to each other and help each other out...I roll out my 80 year old neighbors trash can once a week and she really appreciates it.
They all comment about how loud my car is in a joking manner...so I know it is on their minds. But I have never gotten a complaint about it.
The neighbor two streets over likes it because it helps her get up in the morning.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:38 AM
11 Second Club

[QUOTE=oohtwo WS6]

Dick.

You messed up the quote, you're proud of acting like an *** and you want to kiss another guy.

Old 11-14-2005, 08:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by darrensls1
I'm going to give you some productive advice as opposed to most of the "**** them" and "burn her house down" nonsense I've read in this thread. You may want to try and smooth things over with that neighbor. Or maybe your wife can go and try to have a cup of coffee with her and get some good chit chat going. If you get the neighbor on your side and assure her that you won't speed and will keep RPM's low until you leave the area then she might drop her complaint.

If you just had a car with a loudmouth or GMMG on it then I'd say "**** them" too. But your car is illegal. 110% in violation of a federal law (no cats)as well as probably breaking local sound ordinances (decibal levels). If you push back too hard you might find your car being inspected and fined. Not to mention that you could be forced to move (which might not be the worst thing). I've heard horror stories of people being fined $2000 per cat that was missing. Since I got my LT's and ORY I have treaded very lightly with my neighbors. But then again, I also have a house that has plenty of land between my driveway and my neighbors.

This is just my .02 so take it for what it's worth. Good luck to you sir and I hope this all works out for you.
Good advice here. Pretty much the same thing happened to me about a year ago. I was living with some friends in a condo when I found a note on my car one morning from the homeowner's association that read something like "Your car is too loud, either modify your exhaust system, or it will be towed away if you bring it back again ". To give them credit though, no matter how careful I was, it would make people's alarms go off, and that wasn't a good thing at night (true duals with bullet mufflers is what I have).

I didn't really have much of a choice since I was a renter there, and I stopped driving that car and had to drive my other one. And like Darren says, your exhaust system is violating federal emissions law, and if a cop or someone comes over and checks it, you will more than likely be found guilty.

Yeah, so try to get on the good side of your neighbors. Restricted neighborhoods suck big time also with things like these. Thankfully, at my parent's house where the car is parked now (which is a restricted community), our neighbors actually come over and ask us to rev the engine whenever we are working on it

Good luck man.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

crazy stuff. they just voted in an ordanance in Knoxville TN that allows for motorcycles to roll through red lights, usung their judgement, because the weight of the bike isnt enough to trigger the underground sensors of traffic lights. i'll be you that wont be abused in any way

Personally a open pipe harley annoys the sh** out of me, but like most people on here i guess im kinda partial to loud V8's.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol you know wha that means,...time for a bike! lol

Quick Reply: Moved into a new developement and neighbor is complaining about my ride!!!!