Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has installed a TSP Rumbler X? What a pain...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 01:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lane
For some reason, I feel this was aimed at me. Just so you're not misinformed - I build them in my garage at home now.
Are you planning on getting a jig for LT1 cars? I have people asking me all the time where I got my setup. A good friend of mine who works at a local speed shop has mentioned your setups (because of mine) probably 2 dozen times now. Probably 1/2 of them were LT1 owners, including another friend who just finished a 383 and had to fab up duals with a Jegs kit.

Jason
Old 11-21-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RawWS6
I wasn't planning on welding it, but my neighbor offered to help me do it. I might just have him weld the mufflers onto the back of the X now, since I cut off some pipe, it doesn't seem like they are on as far as I want. I don't think you really need to weld it, assuming you don't **** with it like i ended up doing.

I've got it tucked up under there pretty good now it looks like, though it's hard to tell since I haven't got it on the ground yet (stupid drill broke, so I can't bolt up the hangers). The driver's side bullet is basically touching the bottom of the car (similar to DirtyJohn's pics), but I still have about 3/8" clearance from the tq arm. It's also touching on the driver's side just after the header, though that doesn't surprise me since my y-pipe did the same thing. rubber hose and cable ties, here I come for those two spots.

I can't get the damn thing centered, it's off to the driver's side a bit, but not too much. I can't move it farther toward the passenger side because I don't have one of the connections on the driver's side slipped on that far. Move it toward pass side and that comes farther off. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a working drill so I can finish up and take some pics.

Sorry I havn't posted been out of town. Glad to hear you have itr all done. Did you get it centered? If not I had to hook up a comealong to the muffler on the passenger side and to the lower control arm on the passenger side and pull it to where I wanted it.

Also about going to the track, you might want to give the car a good 150miles for the computer to adjust to the new system.

Quick Reply: Who has installed a TSP Rumbler X? What a pain...