Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Performance Pacs

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*edited*

If you can't stay on subject, I suggest you stay out of this forum.

If you are looking to be banned, keep it up

Last edited by WILWAXU; 11-27-2005 at 09:13 PM.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HorsePowerKing
im tired of this "you dont own a LS1" ****, I work on my friends 00 SS and he has had GMMG and SLP so I know what I'm talkin about dumbshit.
gmmg and slp? hwo does he have both..and if your such an expert...how come you have a thread on this same page asking about gmmg or true duals?
Old 11-27-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

Wow dude, consolidate your 5 posts into 1, takes up less space that way.

About the SLP package, yes it looks to be way overpriced for the gains you will see. The only things I see on there that will actually free up some HP are the lid, catback and longtubes, but you've already been told about the cons the SLP LT's have to offer. If I were in your position, I'd skip the SLP package and read up on the board to see what mods work well for your LS1. It will save you a lot of cash and have you making some power.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Resident

JMO, but the slp dual/dual is a bad *** exhaust. I didn't check your sig, but if you have an A4 and decide to go headers/ORY and a decent sized stall, your GMMG is gonna be loud as hell. Add a decent sized cam like mine 230 or so, and it'll be loud as ****!

I've got a Hooker Cat-Back which is known to be very quiet, and I just picked up a used slp dual/dual cause with my mods it's way too loud for my taste.

FWIW, I spoke with David Hamburger at the SLP show in Hebron, OH and saw the Ultra Z car they had there. With the slp bilstein suspension and the slp lts he could only fit 2 fingers between the collectors and the ground. I wouldn't be able to live with that here in MI. Kooks and QTP tuck up real nice but are pricey. Hooker/Jet Hot/Pacesetter all make a quality header, but aren't stainless (I think Hooker has a stainless version).

In the end it's up to you. When I first got my car I was on an SLP binge too. Figured anything SLP would make my car more factory than an aftermarket modded car. I learned the hard way most of their parts are overpriced.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've had the SLP longtubes w/ ORY on my car for the past 4 years, and they are great headers except for the fact that they hang low on the passenger side. I rarely scrape mine at stock ride height, but they would be a real problem with a lowered car. Whoever said they don't flow worth a **** doesn't know what the hell they're talking about either. With a SLP lid, SLP longtubes, ORY and cutout I put down 345 rwhp/361 rwtq. I wouldn't pay the price for a new set of SLP longtubes and ORY, but at $400 for a barely used set of stainless steel longtubes and ORY it was too good to pass up. If I were buying new headers I'd buy Kooks. Not all of SLPs products are overpriced, just some of them. The SLP Performance Pac is not worth the money in my opinion because you don't need a lot of that stuff. You can make your car faster for less money. There is a great thread called Mod Guide: Induction and Exhaust by JRP at the top of the External Engine forum. That is a good place to start. Once you get all of the bolt-ons done you'll be ready for a cam, heads, etc.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:50 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Horsepower, stop complaining........As for the exhaust, SLP packs are much much to pricey, when like other people say you can spend just that and get much better gains. I for one love my PAcesetter LTs. YOu should look into a full bolton car befor going internal, just to see what you can achieve.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by robthegreat11111
Does anybody have the "400 horsepower" performance pac from SLP on their cars? I am considering purchasing one for my 02 Trans Am. If you do have it, how is the quality and what is your best ET with it?

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=28040
dont get this kit. Look at the stickies at the top or these pages and learn from those. they will have almost everything you need to know. as for exhaust, the most performance gain for your money will be Pacesetter LTs into a fitted OR Xpipe with bullet muffles, not cats, with turndowns before the axle.

refer to stickies about how to get hp. good luck
Old 11-27-2005, 09:32 PM
Teching In

What kind of performance could I expect out of keeping the car stock and adding a good tune? In the May 2003 High Performance Pontiac their shootout has a car owned by AJ White. It is a 2002 WS6 and the only mods he has is a 4000 stall converter, ET Streets and he tunes it with Auto Tap software. His best run of the day (they were running 1/8th mile in this particular shootout) was 8.07 @ 85mph. According to the publication that transfers to a 12.55 ET in the 1/4 mile.

My car is a six speed so the converter is a non-issue, has anybody run this fast on a stock car with tuning and slicks/drag radials?
Old 11-28-2005, 12:18 AM
TECH Resident

What kind of performance could I expect out of keeping the car stock and adding a good tune? In the May 2003 High Performance Pontiac their shootout has a car owned by AJ White. It is a 2002 WS6 and the only mods he has is a 4000 stall converter, ET Streets and he tunes it with Auto Tap software. His best run of the day (they were running 1/8th mile in this particular shootout) was 8.07 @ 85mph. According to the publication that transfers to a 12.55 ET in the 1/4 mile.

My car is a six speed so the converter is a non-issue, has anybody run this fast on a stock car with tuning and slicks/drag radials?
On a good day, drag radials, bone stock otherwise, should net you a high 12 quarter mile time assuming you perfect your launch. It doesn't take much to get these cars into the 12's.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:37 AM
TECH Junkie

$3700 is a little bit much when you could buy a FAST 90mm Intake-$800, 90mm TB-$400, Better exhaust-$500, Cam-$250, port/polish heads-$250, gears-$500. Total-$2700. Then get better gains.

And the first time you gun it and float some valves = priceless
Old 11-28-2005, 10:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Look at the times in the sig, that is with only four good mods that add real horsepower, cost about 400 for all of them, stock everything else with a little weight reduction.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Launching!

if you are an excellent driver, you can get a STOCK f-body with street tires to get a 12.9-12.9. i have an article somewhere to prove it.

And yes that is with a 6 speed
Old 11-28-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 97z286speed
if you are an excellent driver, you can get a STOCK f-body with street tires to get a 12.9-12.9. i have an article somewhere to prove it.

And yes that is with a 6 speed
yeah, but it was a 01 ss with a insanely good driver..and I believe he was on some type of drag radial..or something like that...plus he powershifted the car..which some people aren't willing to do.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wont powershifting break your clutch?
Old 11-28-2005, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

wont powershifting break your clutch?
it isn't easy on the clutch or rear..so its a possibility....you could also hit the wrong gear and over rev the engine.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Teching In

this link shows the results of all the slp "peformance pacs" on a 99 t/a. The horsepower is crank horsepower.

http://www.highperformancepontiac.co...rts/index.html
Old 04-29-2008, 09:02 PM
TECH Addict

Lid, LT's, catback, port and polish your stock throttle body, you already have the LS6 intake, cold air kit such as the fast toys, plugs, wires, and a tune
with this your looking at about $1500-$1800 depending on manufacturers you choose to purchase from