Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: GMMG vs LoudMouth
GMMG
65.04%
LoudMouth
34.96%
Voters: 389. You may not vote on this poll

GMMG vs LoudMouth

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sissys, the point of modding my car is to make it MEAN as hell, and by GOSH i want it to sound that way to...intill people like me are gone the LM will live forever
Old 01-03-2006, 02:15 AM
TECH Veteran

I'll prolly be ditching my Borla for the GMMG soon!
Old 01-03-2006, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

what about for $100 having your muffler cut off and weld a y pipe so you can still retain the twin exhaust and now its "straight piped"?? yeah it will be loud but I want to sound like a 3000lb Dragon coming down the street.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

For a first-time exhaust Mod it's hard to beat the LM for Loudness and Flow, the nuances of tones aside. It was a great first mod to add power and character (raw & mean, just like a "This Big Dog Bites" sign for your ears). When I ditch the LM, it'll be for TD's-no mufflers. I might look at adding resonators to each side if it's too obnoxious. That's a pretty high bar to meet now that I've trained the neighbors with my LM for a couple of years. They were glad when I got LT's because the LM back fires less with LT's (sigh).

GMMG is a great sounding exhaust too, but IMHO it's stealthy and smooth compared to the LM. At WOT the LM sounds like the sky is cracking open (killer in a tunnel, especially for the poor folks behind you )

Seems like it depends on the driver... LM= GMMG=
Old 01-04-2006, 05:40 AM
On The Tree

i had LM. with the stock manifolds,cats, y-pipe it was just 2 annoying.put in trash can. i installed kooks 1 3/4 headers catted y-pipe and corsa cat back.i like that better.SOUNDS BAD ***!!
Old 01-04-2006, 02:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YouCantCmyZ28
first of all what does GMMG stand for, sort of new to the site and never even heard of it. i bought the LM a couple of months ago and love it and am about to add LT's WITH CATS!! i will agree that it sounds like **** without them. i did a lil bit of research before i bought exhaust and other than TD's it is one of the best flowing exhausts out there, and at a good price. imo i think it sounds bad *** however i have heard of GMMG but never knew what it was or what the hell that stands for.
Since nobody else answered this " General Motors Motorsports Group"

And of course my vote is for GMMG.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Launching!

This is something I'm having a really hard time deciding between! GMMG or LM........I want my car LOUD, but at the same time I dont want it to sound crappy. The LM is so affordable and I could spend the money for a GMMG on other mods.
I'm just worried with a GMMG that no one will hear me coming down the street. I want people moving for their lives and Mustangs shitting themselves like a pony in a pink skirt!
Old 01-09-2006, 06:58 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98Trans
This is something I'm having a really hard time deciding between! GMMG or LM........I want my car LOUD, but at the same time I dont want it to sound crappy. The LM is so affordable and I could spend the money for a GMMG on other mods.
I'm just worried with a GMMG that no one will hear me coming down the street. I want people moving for their lives and Mustangs shitting themselves like a pony in a pink skirt!

Listen to the clip in my sig. They will. Even before I did the cam you can have people ducking for cover .

Once you start building the car, headers, cam, etc... The loudmouth gets pretty loud to the point where loud takes over sounding good while still being loud. The majority of people I know that have the loudmouth ended up replacing it with something else once they started building the car.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:11 AM
Board Certified Idiot

LM sounds RASPY in high RPMS expecially with a differ Y pipe . PPl will Here you coming down the street for sure but its not a sounds ppl like to hear often and it attracts POPO . Just IMO. On the Other Hand the GMMG ppl will HEAR you as well coming down the street. But its a DISTICTIVE SOUND MAYBE A ROAR? . It also dose not get on ppls Nerves. And Dose not attract POPO Cause even they LIKE the SOUND. REMBER THis You Get WHAT YOU PAY FOR intodays MOTOR INDUSTRY
Old 01-09-2006, 07:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DannoWS6
Since nobody else answered this " General Motors Motorsports Group"

And of course my vote is for GMMG.
Thankyou.............its about time!!
Old 01-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Launching!

Damn, DannoWS6......your car sounds mean as hell! haha, thats bad ***! Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it. I'm just really tight on money right now, the military isnt rich...thats for sure. So I'll just have to take my time and give it some thought, if the LM is too raspy I guess I could always swap in a Borlamouth or Magnamouth. But the GMMG is tempting as well!
-Almost forgot to mention, I will never be running headers or an ORY....just stock manifold and cats....going back to CA! so unfortunately cant run any headers or anything, thanks guys!

Last edited by 98Trans; 01-09-2006 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

GMMG is over priced.I have the SLP LOUDMOUTH EXHAUST with Mac Headers and there catted Y Pipe with a 216/224 LSA 115 Cam.I tell you what. Much Louder and Meaner too.Especially WOT.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:14 PM
11 Second Club

Damn, DannoWS6......your car sounds mean as hell! haha, thats bad ***! Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it. I'm just really tight on money right now, the military isnt rich...thats for sure. So I'll just have to take my time and give it some thought, if the LM is too raspy I guess I could always swap in a Borlamouth or Magnamouth. But the GMMG is tempting as well!
-Almost forgot to mention, I will never be running headers or an ORY....just stock manifold and cats....going back to CA! so unfortunately cant run any headers or anything, thanks guys!
Thanks,
Actually I really like the sound of the GMMG on Manifolds just as much as on headers. Either exhaust will sound raspy with no cats so I'm glad your keeping them. I am still running cats, and a loudmouth is, well, not my preference especially w/ out cats.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by corvet786c
GMMG is over priced.I have the SLP LOUDMOUTH EXHAUST with Mac Headers and there catted Y Pipe with a 216/224 LSA 115 Cam.I tell you what. Much Louder and Meaner too.Especially WOT.
I wouldn't say that. it's in the price range of other quality setups, Corsa, Borla, Billy Boat, etc.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Launching!

Is there anyway to make a GMMG louder legally??? and you think I could get wider straight tips for a GMMG? I really like wide open tips, like the 4 inch Corsa's......I probably will just end up going GMMG, I'm just hurtin for exhaust right now! haha, so maybe I'll just save up and go for it. I saw a T/A today, parked right next to mine. A girl came out of the store and jumped in it, had some nice wheels and could tell she had an exhuast. When she started it up though, it was so quiet....even when she took off, I rolled my windows down, it was REALLY quiet. If I spend 850, I hope its worth it and loud enough! ...I bet Mustangs shake when you pull up man! haha
Old 01-10-2006, 09:41 PM
Teching In

I had the LM and it got old, so i cut off the glass pack and pretty muched straight piped it with 2 1/2 in pipe all the way to the back and keept the LM setup for the exit. it sounds alot better, deeper and louder.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:37 PM
11 Second Club

Is there anyway to make a GMMG louder legally??? and you think I could get wider straight tips for a GMMG? I really like wide open tips, like the 4 inch Corsa's......I probably will just end up going GMMG, I'm just hurtin for exhaust right now! haha, so maybe I'll just save up and go for it. I saw a T/A today, parked right next to mine. A girl came out of the store and jumped in it, had some nice wheels and could tell she had an exhuast. When she started it up though, it was so quiet....even when she took off, I rolled my windows down, it was REALLY quiet. If I spend 850, I hope its worth it and loud enough! ...I bet Mustangs shake when you pull up man! haha
If you want louder, go true duel. Or just get a cutout if you want loud.

GMMG gets pretty loud, it won't dissapoint.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:18 PM
Staging Lane

I've had both systems on my car; had the LM for a couple of years and then switched to the GMMG.

LM had a very raw sound, sounded like someone chopped off my muffler and was left with an open pipe. One bad thing was it had a lot of interior drone at freeway speeds. GMMG is equally loud, but has more of a 'tuned' sound, almost like a rhythmic rumble. And best of all it has little or no interior drone.

so my vote goes for GMMG. Yes, the LM is cheaper, but you also get a cheaper sound.

Last edited by rickws6; 01-12-2006 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

man, heres my experience. when i had my 2000 z28 car was all stock and with mti lid and loudmouth. i wanted my ride to be loud and vicious sounding. and people said dont do longtubes with loudmouth..its tooo damn loud..i thought all u guys were pu$$ies...lol...but damn..that thing was tooo loud.. but it was just all out nasty viciously loud. yeah there is a lil rasp but i hear you get that with no cats and even people with magnaflow and corsa say they get rasp. i heard a guy with a firehawk with gmmg, and i told him to get on it...holy $hit, i didnt even hear the damn car make any noise...i ran into him 2 times too..i think gmmg is hella over rated...loudmouth lives up to its name.. L O U D......i think you would be happy with the loudmouth...
Old 01-13-2006, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rickws6
LM is cheaper, you also get a cheaper sound.
That has been my experience, I think the GMMG is a little pricey and would probably go with a custom spintech or a random tech setup. If I had to choose between the 2 listed it would have to go with the best(gmmg) instead of the poor mans v8 fart can(LM).

Quick Reply: GMMG vs LoudMouth