Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: GMMG vs LoudMouth
GMMG
65.04%
LoudMouth
34.96%
Voters: 389. You may not vote on this poll

GMMG vs LoudMouth

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 07:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a hard decision, does an LM backfire a lot? cuz that would irratate me, if it really is as bad as people make it out to be, I guess I could always change it into a Borlamouth or Magnamouth.....what you guys think about those? and theres also the Rumbler, which I've heard isnt too loud....but I'm sure I could modify it to make it louder. I just cant decide...just noticed one of my tires has a nice chunk in it.....so unfortunately I think tires/wheels are coming first. GMMG is just too expensive!
Old 01-14-2006, 11:03 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is my first post....Currently i only have a Flowmaster muffler and everything else stock and will probably stay that way for awhile. Would the gmmg be alot louder than my current flowmaster? I have listened to the ls1sounds page but it is hard to tell how loud it actual is. Is there anybody in the Indianapolis area that has the gmmg that i could listen to in person? Thanks
Old 01-14-2006, 03:55 PM
Teching In

since the vote is now about 60/40 in favor of the GMMG I dont think i need to voice how much I hate the raspmouth. but as sick (in a very not good way) as it sounds you'd think it would hurt a cars performance. Open pipes would be louder than the loudmouth, probably would'nt sound as 'nasty' as the loudmouth too. Go with true duals and sweet thunders/ stainless works chambered.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FUN LS1
It's so funny to see someone post that the LM sounds great at WOT only, and another post that it's great at idle and low rom, but rapsy at WOT. I've had my Loudmouth for 3 years and the only thing I heard sound better is when I added SLP LTs and HF cats in front of it. It sounds awesome at startup, great cruising around town (and yes, dudes ask me all the time, "Hey what exhaust do you have, man? " My wife hates to hear it all the time; she thinks it just encourages me...), and at WOT it draws stares and gaping mouths. For miles, women pull their children off the streets when they hear it...

Seriously, have a listen to this: http://chrisnrobinsmith.com/avfiles/FUNLS1TransAm.wmv

The LM isn't as bad (Loud or Raspy) as some people make it out to be (at least with my set up). It think that's the key, it depends on your what you got infront of it: which headers, cats, intake, MAF, throttle body, ram air, etc.

Amen Brother! I have the LM with Pacesetters and TSP catted Y. It sounds bad, really bad! I scared the **** out some kids in a Ranger pick up I was parked beside at the local hangout last summer. When you start it up and it makes that WHHHOOOOMMM! sound. The kids said they thought my car was a V6 before I started her up!

I love the way it sounds, always get compliments. It sound like it wants to eat every other car on the road. Mine is not a daily driver so for me the drone is not a problem. Ive never heard one with a ORP but with cats is sounds great.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:40 PM
Launching!

LT+ ORY+NO CATS+ LM. I personaly love the way it sounds.......LOUD!
But i get a few tickets every summer.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I like the GMMG note a lot better. I've always been a fan of deep, crackling sounding exhaust, like the classic street rods. However, I just bought the SLP Loudmouth for my bird, because I simply couldn't afford GMMG.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:01 PM
12 Second Club

The GMMG sounds freakin' amazing, but i don't have that kind of money. So i got the Loudmouth, which, aafter putting it on, has not dissapointed me one bit.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:00 PM
Teching In

where do you find the best deals on a GMMG exhaust?
Old 02-10-2006, 01:00 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 346ls1ss
where do you find the best deals on a GMMG exhaust?
Mainly straight from GMMG, since that's the only place you can buy it.

They used to have group purchases here, but they're not a sponsor now, so that won't be happening anymore. Your best bet if you don't want to buy it new is just to look for someone selling it used. But you'll have to beat me to it first.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FLA02TA
There's LM and LM II to be fair. The II has a nice resonator that isn't too bad when behind cats.

With my headers and catted-y, the II sounds killer all around (highway and in town/idle). I'm glad I went with cats. I couldn't ask for a better sound.
I put on the LM2 last week, it sounds great. No raspy sound like the LM a I don't think its as loud either.

I would say it sounds close to a GMMG exhaust.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:58 PM
11 Second Club

There is no comparison, Loudmouth isn't even in the same category as the GMMG.

And the GMMG isn't even in the same category as true duals. If you don't believe me and are in Indiana I'll show you.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I first got the flowmaster and thought it was loud and great, but right away I noticed a loss in torque. Keep the flowmast for about 8 months. Then went with the loudmouth, and on my first drive I notice I gained some horsepower and was louder then the flowmaster, so loud, that I almost thought of replacing it, then I got used to the loudness. I've only heard the gmmg on the sounds website and it didn't sound as loud so Im not sure how i feel about the gmmg without hearing it in person.

I know when Im cruising the loudmouth aint that loud, but once I get on the gas, it screams and grabs attenion. I have an auto, so when I drop it in gear it sounds mean/er as hell and really like the way it sounds after I release the gas pedal. I've made a few cars get out of my way by dropping to a lower gear and pressing on the gas and then releasing the gas pedal. At wot, it is an awsome sound - much meaner then the flowmaster.

A few months ago I was driving through the mall parking lot and after I parked my car and crossed path with an elder person, he told me my car sound really good and that it sounded loud. Funny thing was I wasn't even going fast.

Anytime I want to make a scene I just drop it in second or third gear and it roars through the city. Wot runs are awsome, people in the neigherhood think im going 80 miles per hour, after I just did a little burn out, while im leaving at only 30 miles per hour. My vote goes for the LM, but I have not heard the gmmg in person.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

Gmmg! buy it sand with 600,800,1000 wet. Buff it with some sort of chrome polish and enjoy.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Clip of my LM2, stock pipes and cats. I think the noise cut out the microphone.

http://home.comcast.net/~mhedmonds/126-2608_MVI.AVI
Old 02-17-2006, 02:32 PM
10 Second Club

I have the pacesetter lt's and tsp ory hooked to my loudmouth and i love the sound. It's loud as hell at wot but if im just cruising its not bad at all. I hadnt experienced to many problems other than it being loud as **** and people looking at my car instead of the road while there driving, lol.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:34 PM
Launching!

GMMG is overrated and overpriced.I love the way my LM sounds with my SLP longtubes and no cats.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by T-rex
GMMG is overrated and overpriced.I love the way my LM sounds with my SLP longtubes and no cats.
Overpriced compared to what?

Refresh my memory again if you will: How much is Borla, Corsa, or B&B?
Old 02-18-2006, 04:46 AM
Board Certified Idiot

Originally Posted by T-rex
Obvious REDNECK here haha
Old 02-18-2006, 05:22 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Z2K_MrJ
Obvious REDNECK here haha

Here's another redneck lol! I bought the gmmg because nothing I've heard sounds near as good. My friend just put a LM II on and it sounds alot better than the original LM's. It was much quieter than I thought it would sound. It just doesn't have the throaty, gurgly 60's muscle car sound of the gmmg. There is more interior drone with the LM II vs. gmmg also.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:52 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would go GMMG just because I had a LM for 2 years, and it got annoying. I have heard a GMMG on a V6 firebird and it made it sound like a quiet v8. Thought that was very impressive.

Quick Reply: GMMG vs LoudMouth