Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock stepped header users- any dyno results? Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 07:44 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^
Nice!
Old 12-29-2005, 09:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

Allan recomended them over teh others for hp and he does not sell them yet
Old 01-07-2006, 08:47 PM
11 Second Club

For those of you who bought the headers with the slip on merge collector, did you trim the tubes or just use them as delivered? As I read it, the purpose of the slip on deal is to be able to tune the headers to your setup. Just wondering if anyone actually did that.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:22 PM
TECH Junkie

I put mine on just like they came. You would need to run the car at the track and or have a dyno to see how long to leave tehm.
my results are in the dyno section.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Getting back to the origional question, has anyone dynoed these headers?
Old 01-08-2006, 05:08 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Yes, Aint Skeered just dynoed them and posted in the Dyno Forum and got some good results.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Junkie

I have the headers on my car now. The clearence problem was easily resolved by removing the peice right above the oil filter that I guess a oil cooler would hook to. The headers have a lot of clearence and with my motor mounts being in good shape , they slipped right in with stock k member. Remember to put the oil cooler peice back on after install though.

As for power, I gained 5hp and 5lbs of tq on motor over the Macs. That says a lot for Macs too, however though that is at peak. The macs would suit a mild mannerd street car better because of where the tq curve is. Not by much but the macs are alittle better to 4200 rpms or so. (at 2800 the Edelbrocks had 20ft lbs on the macs but at 3800 the Mac had 10ft lbs on the Edelbrocks) Above 4200 they are about the same to 5200 or so where the macs start loosing tq and the Edelbrocks keep pulling.

For the street with my 4.30 gears in a 6spd car, The Edelbrocks lost no streetabilaty as Tq is still not a problem making 370ft lbs at 2800 rpms but up top where I race at, The edelbrocks woke the car up for racing. I have not gotton a good run at the track since tuning but this bastard will fry the tires on concrete with 315x35x17 Nittos from a roll in first and second gear.

Now , for you nitrous lovers. On a 75 shot of nitrous (dry kit with a single nossle under my air lid and a .042 jet) I gained 93 hp and 125 ft lbs of tq to 518/535 to the wheels

I want to comment also on the fit of the y pipe also. It fit great and is a beautifull peice of work. the y is not a flowmaster style but the best welded in one that I have seen yet. this kit comes with every thing you need to put the headers on. It came with o2 extensions , 4 bungs to put all o2 's in if desired , fittings to put A I R back on as well as EGR . All band clamps and even extra extensions to run Open headers instead of using the y pipe.

Best quality headers on the market for under $ 500 with a ypipe IMO. THe Ti Tech coating is really nice looking. I had Mac Ceramic coated headers on the car so It was hard to decide to get Unceramic coated headers to replace them, but these look very nice and are actually the same color as the heads.
THe sound of the exh. is great compared to the macs also, so if the car is no quicker at the track then I wont be upset with the purchase as teh sound is unbelievable . You can hear clips in the thread That SOuth FL posted a link to earlier from the Dyno section.

Last edited by AINT SKEERED; 01-12-2006 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Retired Street Racer

Did you get the O2 bungs welded in? I was thinking about welding them into the ORY instead of the headers.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:51 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

He welded them to the collectors as per Futral's recommendation. (I'm just quoting AINT SKEERED's response from another thread as I had asked him the same question).
Old 01-12-2006, 11:19 AM
TECH Junkie

He is correct, Allan told me to put them on the header so as that if you ever get an exh., leak at the collector it wont screw with the o2's.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Hey south Fla. My launch technique is not workin so well since putting the headers on, this bitch fries the tires to easy
Old 01-12-2006, 11:22 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by AINT SKEERED
Hey south Fla. My launch technique is not workin so well since putting the headers on, this bitch fries the tires to easy
At least you have a car to fry tires with.
Can't do that in my AWD Saabaru Wagon.

Did you gain any MPH?
Old 01-12-2006, 11:26 AM
Retired Street Racer

Hmmm. Okay. I am probably going to weld them into the ORY. I trust Futral about as much as I can pick him up and throw him. But that is a different story.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:15 AM
11 Second Club

wondering if these would be enough for a 408.. would really like to save the 400 bucks from the kooks or QTP's
Old 02-05-2006, 04:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Black02SS
I have had all three. Stay far away from the flowtechs. Junk. Really cheap header and not worth it IMO. Edelbrocks I just sold cause I couldn't get them to fit on the drivers side for the life of me. We have done several and these just wouldn't fit. Nice looking header. I wish it would have worked out for me. I now have the pacesetters. I will put them above the Flowtechs but under the Edelbrocks (even know I didn't get to use them). Fitment was great and I have made great track times with these in addition to my other mods, but just 2 months after they were installed (coated) they started to rust on the passenger side collector. I expected them to show some wear in TIME, not two months. If I was in the market right now (seriously thinking) there is only one that I would get. The new QTP HVMC at the awsome price. Its a proven header over others (SouthFL.02.SS is prof) and I haven never heard one bad thing about them. Some things are just better to pay a little more up front for and be happy, then trying to save a few hundred and kick yourself in the *** later. I have learned the hard way. JMO
Yes the Flowtech header welds are not as pretty, but I still gained 19 RWHP over my stock mainfolds. I would not call them Junk Based on HP/$ ratio! To each his own.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Black02SS
I have had all three. Stay far away from the flowtechs. Junk. Really cheap header and not worth it IMO. Edelbrocks I just sold cause I couldn't get them to fit on the drivers side for the life of me. We have done several and these just wouldn't fit. Nice looking header. I wish it would have worked out for me. I now have the pacesetters. I will put them above the Flowtechs but under the Edelbrocks (even know I didn't get to use them). Fitment was great and I have made great track times with these in addition to my other mods, but just 2 months after they were installed (coated) they started to rust on the passenger side collector. I expected them to show some wear in TIME, not two months. If I was in the market right now (seriously thinking) there is only one that I would get. The new QTP HVMC at the awsome price. Its a proven header over others (SouthFL.02.SS is prof) and I haven never heard one bad thing about them. Some things are just better to pay a little more up front for and be happy, then trying to save a few hundred and kick yourself in the *** later. I have learned the hard way. JMO
Yes the Flowtech header welds are not as pretty, but I still gained 19 RWHP over my stock mainfolds. I would not call them Junk Based on HP/$ ratio! To each his own.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

so what would give more hp and tq?
the fulley weelded? or the slip on
because of the slip ons hvmc

Quick Reply: Edelbrock stepped header users- any dyno results? Questions...