Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Oil Temp Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Oil Temp Sensor

I dont know if you guys are interested in something like this but I found a place to get a plug for the oil pan where the low oil sensor goes to make it a port for a oil temp sensor.

I did this because I use aftermarket guages in a hybrid car but I figured maybe some of you all would be interested.

I am not trying to make anything off this, I figured I would just open it up because I found these. The good news is if we can get 15-20 people they can do them for $11.95 plus shipping.

They have them for sale normally for $14.95 plus shipping (Shipping is $5 for orders under $50). Here is what I am proposing to save on the $5 per plug shipping cost. I will order 20 of them now and have them all shipped to me then I can send them out regular mail in an envelope to folks for cheaper shipping if that is what you all want to do.

If you all dont care about the $20 you can go direct to them (We can probably save $5-6/person if we do a group buy and factor in the shipping savings)

I wont post the link because they arent a sponsor.

Let me know if there is any interest and I will talk to the MODS/ADMINS about a possible GB.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Teching In

this is exactly what i was planning on doing. where did you get the plug?
Old 11-03-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Interested in seeing a picture if you have one..
Old 11-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Banned

is there a way to make it Tee or something so you can have both pluged in??