Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which Muffler on a TSP TD X-Pipe?
Dynomax Bullets
31.98%
Moroso Spiral Flows
22.09%
Sweet Thunder
45.93%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Sweet Thunder vs Moroso Spiral vs Dynomax

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, but as of today I have to retract my previous statement about sweet thunders on true duals... They don't sound bad, but after having my 1 chamber flowmasters installed today, sweet thunders don't even come close..
I would like to see some pics of how you got those to fit. Did you beat in the floor pans? How's clearance?
Old 03-22-2006, 10:17 PM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

do the spiral flows really restrict power that much, i want to go with magnaflows on a true dual setup but thats not one of the choices from tsp. i want the quietest setup from them and i want to run tailpipes under the axle. How is the spiral flow designed, i couldnt find any info when i searched.

i wish i could have an x-pipe setup with some magnaflows without having to get everything custom made
Old 03-23-2006, 02:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the TSP TD spiral flow setup sitting in my garage now...the way its set up is theres probably a 2" straight hole in the middle, and the rest of the outside is open but with a big spiral baffle in it. I could probably
drop a 1"-1 1/2" ball bearing in there and it would roll through the spiral with no issues. All in all I don't see how this could be that restrictive, and I don't really see how its going to quiet much down, but we'll see
Old 03-23-2006, 02:29 PM
TECH Regular

sorry to hijack but is there a sweet thunder that will fit in place of the resonator on the slp loudmouth?
Old 03-23-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mulletwearingtadrive
sorry to hijack but is there a sweet thunder that will fit in place of the resonator on the slp loudmouth?
Couldn't tell ya, but that sounds like a good thread to start.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:50 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mulletwearingtadrive
Yes there are threads about this, try searching for "sweetmouth" biggest reason I have not done this yet is due to the 3 inch model necking down to 2.5 inches. Probably ok now but when I start making more power it may become a restriction.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Redneck Z
How loud are we talking?(I know subjective) Did you have a LM before you threw the ST in there? Is it more quiet than the LM w/resonator? I'd like a throaty GMMG type sound, but not if it's going to be way too loud and drone alot.
I have a THUNDERMOUTH set-up with stock headers and cats and it sounds meaner and louder than my brothers TA. His mods being headers, cam and HOOKER exhaust with catted y pipe.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rescue Ranger
Couldn't tell ya, but that sounds like a good thread to start.
I used the 18 incher!
Old 04-08-2006, 12:00 AM
Launching!

So the Dynomax Bullets are louder than the Sweet Thunders with LTs and a dumped true dual setup?
Old 04-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Launching!

Or is it the other way around?
Old 04-09-2006, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

from what I gather, they're both real f'ing loud. Dynomax provides a little extra hp, but the ST's have just that, a sweeter sound.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was practically sold on sweet thunders the second I heard that name, but this thread provides some pretty good reinforcement.

God I love that name... SSSSSWEET THUNDER!!!!
Old 04-11-2006, 12:36 AM
Launching!

I just ordered Pacesetter LTs and a TSP Rumbler X with the Dynomax Bullets... I had a chance to hear the Sweet thunders on a TD car the other day in person, they are really deep and bassy but lack the "racecar" scream, they were so deep that they didnt have a really "defined" sound. I mean, they sounded nice and everything but not exactly the sound I was looking for. So I got the bullets instead... more my style
Old 04-16-2006, 06:51 PM
TECH Addict

Good thread great info. I had my heart set on Sweet Thunders but now I'm looking into the SW and Powerstick version. I want to put this on a Y-piped 3.5" single exhaust setup.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had my tsp true duals put on friday, and I love them. I went with the spiral flows, and this is one of the mods that I feel like I gained SOTP increase, I light up my nitto's from a 1st gear roll now, and that never happened before, and it feels like it pulls alot harder up top. I'm going to get it dyno tuned, so I'll know for sure if I gained power though. And on moroso's and flo pro's site they say the spiral flows out flow bullets, which I can see since they have the straight through part in the center, and in the part where the exhaust goes into the spirals, it goes out all the way to the case, which is 4", and the bullets are only 3" inside. And they sound amazing too, but aren't too loud, it's not much louder than my hooker catback was with a bullet in the i-pipe was, but I had the duals run out the back under the axle so that probably helped with the noise a little.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:23 AM
12 Second Club

i dunno about you guys, i had bullets before, and Sweet Thundeers souns so freakin SWWEEETT!!! i will never go back. its no just loud like a bullet it has its sweet sounding screams.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:25 AM
12 Second Club

I just put on a TSP TD with the dynomax bullets, i absolutely love how it sounds. It screams and sounds like a prostock, im not a big fan of classic sounding or just deep sounding muscle cars. I like the loud prostock scream, you hit rev limiter and its almost ashame because it sounds like it wants to keep going and going.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JDP
do the spiral flows really restrict power that much, i want to go with magnaflows on a true dual setup but thats not one of the choices from tsp. i want the quietest setup from them and i want to run tailpipes under the axle. How is the spiral flow designed, i couldnt find any info when i searched.

i wish i could have an x-pipe setup with some magnaflows without having to get everything custom made
Found this, http://www.ronsraceshop.com/products...OR94050(3).jpg
Old 06-07-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ALBurgZ28
Cool Lots of good info in here!
Old 06-07-2006, 12:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And dont forget with the spiral flows, it goes into a 4" case where the spirals are, it doesn't just stay a 3" case, thats about a 40% increase in area right there, so spiral flows probably flow as good as a bullet.

Quick Reply: Sweet Thunder vs Moroso Spiral vs Dynomax