Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Volant CAI or SLP lid with new filter?
Voland cold air intake
21.93%
SLP lid with a new airfilter
78.07%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

best intake......

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For you Volant owners, did you have any problems with the plastic pipe from the air filters to the MAF? Mine is a little loose, so there's a small gap around the connection btw the pip and MAF, and clamps won't smash the plastic down for a tighter fit.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spectator
For you Volant owners, did you have any problems with the plastic pipe from the air filters to the MAF? Mine is a little loose, so there's a small gap around the connection btw the pip and MAF, and clamps won't smash the plastic down for a tighter fit.
It's a tight fit, but if you push hard enough, the plastic tube will slip over the MAF inlet. I even have to wiggle mine a little while pushing on it just right to get her to mount properly. The first couple times was a little challenging, but it's not that difficult anymore. Maybe you could file down the inside edge of the plastic tube a little (very little)?

After getting the tube mounted, tighten down the worm clamp and you should be good.

Marc
Old 10-11-2006, 08:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the FIPK with the bottom of the mounting plate cut-out like the FRA mod.......
Old 10-13-2006, 01:24 AM
11 Second Club

I have a lid with a k&n plus the fra mod on the car right now, and I also have the volant set up but for the camaro (single filter) will this fit on a WS6? should I sell it and keep the lid set up or sell the lid and put the volant?
Old 10-27-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

I recently switched from the Volant back to the SLP lid. The Volant work great, but it choked my heads/cam. Here is what I have gathered.

TA Volant- Best intake there is. Sealed to the hood and the ram air is in front of the airbox (airbox is oversized because of hood height). there are 2 huge filters and the intake tube to the MAF is large and unrestricted.

SS Volant- nice design, but the airbox is smaller, and there is a huge plastic tube running down the middle of the intake tube before the MAF. The airbox DOES work, the box breathes through the hood like it is designed and fills with road dirt VERY quickly, but it simply can't work as well as the TA Ram Air. If the intake tube was unrestricted it could be just as good as the lid or TA Volant. I want to make a steel intake tube that isn't restricted and I will put it back on.

LID- Proven, people run 9's with the lid, so it works. Doesn't rely on the hood to breath.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:39 AM
TECH Resident

Just stick with a lid, i've never really been fond of the volant or fipk.