Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetters or Edelbrock headers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 10:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also saw those. Does anyone have them yet, I want to hear some feedback before I buy them. Less than $350 for stainless is too good to pass up.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:17 PM
12 Second Club

I am going to buy the ones on ebay soon. When I get them I will put them on and let you guys know if it is really worth it or not. Since they look so much like the edelbrocks i think i am going to go with their y pipe. hopefully i dont need to cut them up too much. I am also in college, that is why i am going with these. Man does it suck being broke all the time.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well this is deff a one sided post but I will stick with my guns. Did the Pacesetter install like a month ago. I have a lowered car and I actually GAINED ground clearance over stock y pipe with ORY. Fitment was PERFECT. No complaints for the new pacesetter here...
Old 04-08-2006, 02:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1936FordPU
Better yet...wheres the quality in he pacesetters? There are none. Try installing a set of emission Edlebrocks and Emission Pacesettters.. Pacesetters belong in Mexico where they are built.

I have seen both brands and do not see any advantage with the Edlebrocks over the Pacesetters..As far as the ease of instillation goes...the pasesettters went in without any fitment issues. My girl had to lay under the car and hold them up so that I could bolt them on. Otherwise they would have fallen out on the floor. My car is a dailey driver and the headers have over 30K miles on them no signs of rust (they are coated) and still look great.. with good ground clearance..they can be purchased on here from different vendors for around $375 coated..a great bargan in my book..
Old 04-08-2006, 02:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by HossZ28
I am going to buy the ones on ebay soon. When I get them I will put them on and let you guys know if it is really worth it or not. Since they look so much like the edelbrocks i think i am going to go with their y pipe. hopefully i dont need to cut them up too much. I am also in college, that is why i am going with these. Man does it suck being broke all the time.
i doubt the edelbrock y will fit. i think the edelbrock collector is 3.5" compared to the usual f-body header size of 3". the TSP Y would probably be your best bet. When you get them please take some pics, thanks!
Old 04-09-2006, 10:21 PM
12 Second Club

Well, I lost the bid for the knockoff stainless headers on ebay three times in a row, so I am going to take it as a sign from above to stay away. So I am still sitting in between the pacesetters and the edelbrocks. Is there anyone else with info?
Old 04-10-2006, 08:34 AM
Launching!

Another thing to consider is that the Edelbrocks come w/ 02 extensions, gaskets, bolts etc. from what I can tell if ordered from Summit/Jegs. A friend just got his Edelbrocks and they came with everything to install them. That is for the $389.99 price tag. PaceSetters you have to order the 02 extensions, gaskets, bolts etc. Just something to think about...
Old 04-10-2006, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fenster
Another thing to consider is that the Edelbrocks come w/ 02 extensions, gaskets, bolts etc. from what I can tell if ordered from Summit/Jegs. A friend just got his Edelbrocks and they came with everything to install them. That is for the $389.99 price tag. PaceSetters you have to order the 02 extensions, gaskets, bolts etc. Just something to think about...

The only difference is the pacesetters dont come with O2 extensions. The pacesetters do come with bolts, but you can even re-use the stock ones. The gaskets that edelbrock sends you are probably junk anyways. The best thing to do is re-use your stock gaskets.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wrong the Pacesetters DO come with gaskets and bolts and wiring to extend your o2's wires if you want to do that. I chose to order o2 extentions rather than cut and use the kit supplied from Pacesetter. The cardboard gaskets supplied by all the headers on the market are not worth anything..You can't beat the factory gaskets for long life...
Old 04-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Launching!

Gotcha. I knew the PaceSetters had the wiring, but I'd rather have something w/ connectors than just splicing in more wire. Didn't realize the PS's had the other things though...

As for gaskets... I wouldn't re-use... Just get a new set from your dealer...
Old 04-10-2006, 02:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Gotcha. I knew the PaceSetters had the wiring, but I'd rather have something w/ connectors than just splicing in more wire. Didn't realize the PS's had the other things though...

As for gaskets... I wouldn't re-use... Just get a new set from your dealer...

Yes you are right about the gaskets..for the money they can't be beat..I can't remember exactly how much they were probably ten bucks or so..
Old 04-10-2006, 08:01 PM
TECH Regular

do the edelbrocks with the slip fit collectors have o2 bungs or do you have to weld them in your self?
Old 04-10-2006, 08:40 PM
12 Second Club

kooks all the way
Old 04-10-2006, 09:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hell'sChariot
do the edelbrocks with the slip fit collectors have o2 bungs or do you have to weld them in your self?
you do have to weld the bungs in

Quick Reply: Pacesetters or Edelbrock headers?