Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

With or w/o AIR and EGR?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default With or w/o AIR and EGR?

I was just about to order some headers and an ORY, but was wondering one thing. It has the option of with AIR and EGR or without, saying it's without AIR/EGR - Non emissions. Now, with the LTs and ORY, it's not like it's legal anyway, so I'm assuming I do NOT need AIR/EGR? I just wanted to check before ordering something wrong.

I was also wondering because I can get a set of LTs and ORY with free o2 sensors, but it says that the headers come with all emissions/egr hookups. Does it matter at all? Or should I just order them from the other place without those connections?
Old 04-07-2006, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would get them without all that crap. It just take up space and is not needed anyway.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you have a emmision test in you area? Or find out from the garage that does you inspection if there is a visual emmision, or obd2. If obd2 or they'll let you slide get the off road headers and have the ses light turned off.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

OK. I don't have emissions testing in my area. The ones that come with that crap also come with free o2 extensions, and from what I've read, I'll need those for the fronts. Otherwise they are an extra $50 if I order the LTs that don't come with emissions stuff.