Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TD guys with flo-pro!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TD guys with flo-pro!!

hey i was curious as to what flo-pro muffler you guys were using, are the twisters a really deep exhaust sound. i looked around on ls1sounds.com but only found one car with flo-pros on it. i liked it, and was wondering what "series" of twisters you guys use, since i know when i call the muffler shops they are going to ask what kind of car it's for, and that's just going to mess them up lol, so it's easier for me to know beforehand. thanks in advance.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, I'm not gonna guarantee anything, because I didn't buy them, they just came on my true duals from Lane. But I'm almost certain they are the F4 4 inch Round, 18 inch long, 3 inch in/out, part number 41277. Sorry, that's the best I can do...

They sound amazing dude, trust me, you'll love it. A lot louder than stock outside the car (not too bad when just idling, but much louder when you get on it)....but they are really tame as far as interior noise. I have had a couple hot rods, and a lot of my friends have different exhausts, and nobody likes anything better than mine. You won't be disappointed unless you want it to sound stock...
Old 04-10-2006, 03:50 PM
TECH Resident

Im going to assume you want the 3'' and matts22 has the correct info but just in case....

41244 TWISTER-2.25" IN/OUT CENTER/CENTER

41255 TWISTER-2.5" IN/OUT CENTER/CENTER

41277 TWISTER-3" IN/OUT CENTER/CENTER

41288 TWISTER-3.5" IN/OUT CENTER/CENTER
Old 04-10-2006, 04:16 PM
12 Second Club

i have the same exhaust setup as matts22....Lanes 3" true duals through flo-pro spiral flow 18" mufflers. The only difference is mine are dumped at the axle and are loud as hell inside....that will be taken care of though when i get them ran out the back. As far as a good sound though....i absolutely love the way mine sound! Very deep and a true "muscle car" sound.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:53 PM
TECH Addict

i'm thinking right now a dump before the axel, with turndowns. gonna get it up on the lift tomorrow on check it all out. any flow sheets vs. other TD's with the flo-pros?
Old 04-11-2006, 12:12 AM
12 Second Club

yah definately do turndowns....they will help tremendously with the noise inside. Mine just stop b/c when my buddy had this setup on his car he slid off of the road and bent his tail pipe pretty bad. So we just unhooked it at the flange before the axle. So now all the exhaust exits right into my 10 bolt! If i dont run them out the back i will just get some turndowns put on. It should help with interior noise a lot! Keep us updated on what you do
Old 04-11-2006, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'll take pictures the next time I am home (possibly this weekend) of my setup that runs under the axle. I've got it setup where I can pull off the "under the axle" part in about 2 minutes by removing 6 bolts on 2 flanges. And the pipes that run under the axle have frame clearance tubes that oval as they go under the axle to give me an inch or two of additional clearance. I really like the setup, and it never been an issue going under the axle. With the difficulty of going "over" I don't understand why more people don't do this.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:23 AM
TECH Addict

well just by the sound of it and alot of cars being lowered they are probably afraid of clearance issues, to be honest i would be too unless i actually saw it. My ORY sits pretty low and i have never had many problems of scraping. actually come to think of it i've seen more TD setups that tuck better than my ORY :S but thanks guys i will def. keep this thread alive and keep you all posted! and ls1powerhouse02, i can imagine the rattle and vibration with it running right to your 10 bolt! lmao.

btw - how difficult is a over the axel setup, i don't even see how it's possible! plus hey, dumps look kinda cool i won't have to worry about buying corsa tips anymore lol
Old 04-11-2006, 01:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Over the axle is only possible if you get some kind of oval tubing through a prefabbed kit, or if you remove the top panhard bar brace (not recommended).

I'm telling you though, I've got great ground clearance, and the under the axle part is a good inch or two higher than the lowest point of the system (and a couple inches below the axle). I've got great clearance everywhere. I am not lowered, but I think I could lower it and have as good or better clearance than anyone who has an aftermarket y-pipe. I'll get pictures and measurements and show you when I can...you can do whatever you want, but you'll be surprised on how well everything fits.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:22 AM
TECH Addict

pictures please? and ill post up some pics of my ORY. let's use a coke can for measurement and comparison purposes? good? or i guess a ruler would work too, it's up to u
Old 04-11-2006, 07:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, I'll do it, but I'm not sure if I'll be home this weekend where I can measure it. It may be a couple weeks if I don't make it this weekend.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:56 AM
TECH Addict

it's ok, i won't be home this weekend anyways i'm going down to look at moorehead st. and check out the area etc.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:09 AM
TECH Resident

I have Flo Pro's on my car as well. They're 18" from tip to tip. I too love the sound. They are a little quieter then Bullets and Sweet Thunders, but I wouldn't consider them quiet at all since mine is dumped at the axle. I'm honestly surprised the Flo Pro's and Spiral Flows aren't anymore popular then they are with true duals.

Jason
Old 04-11-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Addict

iv'e heard goods things about the sweet thunders, what muffler is deeper and has a more "true musclecar" sound...personally off ls1sounds i like the flopro - but what's your guys .02?
Old 04-11-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Flopro is deeper...it is the true muscle car sound.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

I was wondering the same except i would use mine to replace my loudmouth resonator when i run my off road pipes. Its way too raspy with the LM resonator. Bullets, Sweet Thunder, or Spiro/Flo-Pros ? I havent heard any in person only on LS1sounds and the Sweet Thunders sound awesome. Any input ?
Old 04-11-2006, 10:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by matts22
Flopro is deeper...it is the true muscle car sound.

Quick Reply: TD guys with flo-pro!!