Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil pressure and water temp guages

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 09:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil pressure and water temp guages

Just picked up the electric oil pressure and water temp guages from autometer, and have no idea where to hook up the sending units, can someone please shine some light on my situation, any info would be appreciated. I have a 99 LS1 Trans am. Thanks guys
Old 04-20-2006, 02:00 PM
TECH Addict

http://bowlingss.com/How%20To%20Links.htm

might help you out.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:06 PM
11 Second Club

i couldnt find anything in there that would help, but thanks anyways. Anyone else? please
Old 04-21-2006, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can install the Temp sender in the passenger side head toward the back. There is a plug there that corresponds to the factory sensor at the front of the driver side head. You will need an adapter to take it from the metric thread to 1/8 NPT, probably. Equus makes a metric to SAE/NPT adapter set

You can read more about it in the Conversions and Hybrids forum FAQ here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....5&postcount=11

Pat
Old 04-21-2006, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

would also like to know t.t.t
Old 04-21-2006, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

Here;s mine on a 2002 ls1.

First pic you can see the brass sender, autometer gauge. You just need to get an adapter from a local hydarulic shop so the adapter screws into the stock location and then the sender screws into the adapter, like a coupler type of deal. My best explanation, but you'll see it on the rear of the block popping out over the rear exhaust port.

For the oil pressure sender I put it in behind the intake manifold right next to the MAP sensor. I had to get a braided line because the sender was too big and the MAP sensor got in the way. Follow the braided line.

Old 04-24-2006, 07:20 PM
11 Second Club

What i ended up doing for the oil pressure is i took that cover right above the oil filter and there is actualy a blind hole in there, i drilled it through and tapped the hole and the sender fits up there even with headers. There about a half an inch of space between the sender and header. For the water temp i bought an adapter that was to big to fit the head, so i shaved off the threads and re-threaded it with the correct thread for the head. I couldnt find the correct one so i guess this will do.