Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how do you remove the egr/air system, is there a step by step process online somewher

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 02:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do you remove the egr/air system, is there a step by step process online somewher

i am looking to do this soon, i am going to get ls1 edit soon. thanks
Old 10-20-2002, 03:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Re: how do you remove the egr/air system, is there a step by step process online somewher

Take the 2 10 mm bolt out of the AIR tube attaching them to each side of the headers. Undo the plastic clamps to remove the metal portion of the hose. On back of drivers side pass vcover pull up on the black plastic distribution block, its hard to get off but just yank it off (three outlets, two for AIR to header and one to the AIR pump) follow the hose from drivers side fender behind brake booster to this and remove.

undr car undo 10mm bolts holding plastic corner flap under AIR pump. Reach up and unplug this to keep it from runign or remove altogether.

EGR is 2 10mm on bottom pass side of header/manifold, follow line up to 2 more 10s holding top valve on and a 10 on the intake plug part. After that use a 15mm swivel socket to remove the bolts holding remaining bracket on.

Jeez for a tech section no one seems to want to answer ?s anymore
Old 10-20-2002, 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

Default Re: how do you remove the egr/air system, is there a step by step process online somewher

Just to add to the above post, don't forget to get a little plastic cap for where the AIR system vacuum hose connects to the back of the intake manifold, or you'll have a vacuum leak. Napa has 'em.
Old 10-20-2002, 06:47 PM
Staging Lane

i am just gonna cut it to prevent any codes that i would offset. so thanks anyways.